Thread: #@%*#@ bas page

Chairdr is offline Senior Member

#@%*#@ bas

Primal Fuel
    So I make a BAS for today for lunch & bring it to work salavating about it all day. Fresh roamine, leftever gress fed ny strip from last night, jersey tomato(if you havent had one, than you have never eaten a tomato) , 1/2 avacado, & homeade vinagrette. So Dumbass me forgets the dressing @$#*!!. so I regroup, & say "what would grok do" (if he had a 1/2 assed kitchen & a mini fridge) So I took some mustard, & mixed it with water, & added salt & Pepper. Believe it or not, the salad was not bad @ all. I will make up for the oil loss tonight when I make fried coconut shrimp in coconut oil, & a side of broccoli rabe.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    I just moosh up the avo & stir it around with the salad for dressing. You can always perk it up with cholula or tobasco. I keep bottles of Bragg's, evoo, balsamic, sesame oil, etc at the office. just in case :-)

btw, what time is dinner?

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget about salsa if you're in a snag when it comes to 'dressing.' It won't provide any real fat but it sure is tasty!
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    romaine, steak, tomato and avocado...i'm not even sure a salad like that needs dressing.

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    romaine, steak, tomato and avocado...i'm not even sure a salad like that needs dressing.
    Agreed! Sometimes it's nice to taste the different flavours, how they all mix -- every bite can be a new experience.

But, good invention, Chairdr -- will have to keep it in mind when I'm in a pinch for some dressing. Mustard has a nice flavour.

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wasnt @ home, my office has limited ingredients. I have plenty of dressing recipes. I still need some zing to finish a bas. Cant do the dry thing.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter