Thread: Primal Pregnancy Journal page

Spinner is offline Senior Member

Cool Primal Pregnancy Journal

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow... just wow....

Hubby and I have been TTC'in for 6 years, and have 4 failed IUI's and had pretty much given up on having a bean, and lo and behold, yesterday I got my big fat positive! Hubby and I really feel that it was the change in our diet that has allowed us to get pregnant. With my being diabetic, I have to keep uber control on my blood sugars, and much testing! I saw my diabetic nurse yesterday and got the diabetic prego diet, and it is more carbs then I have been on, so I am thinking about adding in wasa brod crackers, ak mak crackers and eziekiel bread for the occasional toast or sandwich. In the info I got yesterday, I found that 3 cups of raw veg or 1.5 cups cooked veg equals 1 carb choice (15 grams carb) and so I will still be getting the vast majority of my carbs from veg, just like now, but for snacking, I don't know if I could eat a salad every time! LOL!!! Plus, I have to eat 3 meals and 3 snacks to keep my blood sugars level.

So anywhoo, I am 5 wks along and I am due in March--waiting to meet my little ram! How primal is that?? LOL!!! I am also going to start on yoga today as well. I have a book on yoga in pregnancy that I picked up a few years back, and I am just THRILLED I get to use it!!

Breakfast-- 1 slice toast, 2 poached eggs, 1 T butter, milk in my unsweetened chai tea.

S- baby shrimp, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes

L- BAS with egg and shrimp, bell pepper, fresh green beans (4), cucumber, tomato, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Slice of bread, milk

S- a nap! LOL

D- Meat patty, steamed patty pan squash, 2 wasa brod, butter, 1/2 apple and glass of milk

S- cheese, one wasa bread, milk.
    Last edited by Spinner; 07-28-2010 at 06:07 AM.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! That is fantastic news!
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    OMG NO WONDER YOU NEEDED A NEW JOURNAL!!!! (Yes I'm yelling, this is SO EXCITING!!!!) *squeal!!!***

Spinner is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for the congrats Victoria and lil_em! So in shock, and I am sure I will be for quite a while! LOL!!!
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165