Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's a Group of Primal People Called? page

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

What's a Group of Primal People Called?

Primal Fuel
    Hello, everyone,

I'm looking for a little feedback from the community. I'm working on building an infrastructure that organizes and supports local chapters/clubs of Primal enthusiasts and am throwing ideas around for what to call these groups. Since many of you will be making up these groups I thought I'd come to you to see what you think.

Here are some ideas I'm throwing around:

Primal Tribe
    Primal Clan
    Primal Band
    Primal Alliance
    Primal Pack
    Primal Colony
    Primal Club
    Primal Crew

Do you have any creative ideas to add to the list?

I like Primal Tribes but it seems to me that we're all part of the Primal Tribe and that local clubs should be a sub-group of the word Tribe. But maybe not.

Maybe I'll do a poll after we have what looks to be the top picks. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

BTW - You may be wondering what these clubs will be all about. Primal Blueprint Fitness will be launched upon the world in just a couple weeks. Part of PBF is the MDA WOW (Workout of the Week). The WOWs will be fractal workouts with a focus on Lifting Heavy Things that will be perfect for group meet-ups. As the name says, there will be new ones every week to complement and enhance the standard PBF protocol. I know this is a bit ambiguous, but stay tuned for the official announcements and the release of the free ebook for more information!

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    According to wikipedia (and my own mind), clans are (often) sub-groups of tribes. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan). I'd go with Primal Clan.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I prefer the idea of a clan or a family group. The Tribe is the worldwide group of Primals, like you've mentioned, and generally, anthropologically speaking, those are a reference to the next step down. I generally use the term "local clan," myself.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    tribe
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    I like Primal Tribe as well. I also think that Primes sounds like name for a group of us than Primals though...not for any other reason than it sounds better though.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Local Primal clan's -> part of of State/Providence Primal Tribes -> all integrating into the Primal Nation.

Grok On.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

PrimalMike is offline Junior Member
    I like tribe, pack, or alliance.

Clan has some very negative associations where I'm from (South Louisiana).

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sisson View Post
    I like Primal Tribes but it seems to me that we're all part of the Primal Tribe and that local clubs should be a sub-group of the word Tribe. But maybe not.
    i kinda see it this way, too - the entire primal community IS the tribe. i like either 'clan' or 'pack' to signify the smaller groups. maybe 'circle'? or 'kin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sisson View Post
    BTW - You may be wondering what these clubs will be all about. Primal Blueprint Fitness will be launched upon the world in just a couple weeks. Part of PBF is the MDA WOW (Workout of the Week). The WOWs will be fractal workouts with a focus on Lifting Heavy Things that will be perfect for group meet-ups. As the name says, there will be new ones every week to complement and enhance the standard PBF protocol. I know this is a bit ambiguous, but stay tuned for the official announcements and the release of the free ebook for more information!
    this....is exciting!

posting for attention,
    batty

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

bobkat is offline Member
    what the first few said because......

Tribe & Clan (in that order) are the only ones that actually "sound" Primal. The others are much too "modern day".

took me too long to post - and I really like Primal Nation - thanks Kev
    Last edited by bobkat; 07-27-2010 at 09:06 AM.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Clan!
    I grok, therefore I am.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast