Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else do better on higher carbs? page

Bostonbully is offline Senior Member

Anyone else do better on higher carbs?

Primal Fuel
    I hit a fat lose plateau that I was stuck at for about a month and since I started eating more carbs I am noticably leaner (and lighter) now. I'm not talking grains. I have been eating some potato and even though it is on the fence for being primal, peas. I have also been eating a good amount of fruit since it is in season and I like to do the whole pick your own thing with the wife. I was keeping my carb intake between 50-100 but I am probably around 200 now. Strange but its working, for now. Lower abs here I come!

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    well do you have a lot of weight to lose? i think leaner people stand a chance at doing better with more carbs due to hormones. plus, if you do primal for healt and dont need to lose weight, the whole 'eat fat to lose fat' thing doesnt apply.

I was 253 in February and as of this morning I am 174. So no I don't have alot of fat to lose anymore.

muaythaimike is offline Senior Member
    I definitely feel better with more carbs in my diet! My weightlifting performance drops when I don't eat enough carbs (as of late) so I'm thinking about incorporating re-feeds a few times a week because my muscle glycogen must be low.
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I do think that I feel less lethargic when I have some more carbs. If I go really low carb for a long time, I start to feel really... draggy, although I can still power through workouts. Also, I'm not trying to lose any weight (5'11" ~155).

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    I cycle my carb intake and it represents about 20 to 25% of my total caloric intake. It's helped me a lot in lowering my BF % while maintaining lean mass. For me it works like a jem.

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    well do you have a lot of weight to lose? i think leaner people stand a chance at doing better with more carbs due to hormones. plus, if you do primal for healt and dont need to lose weight, the whole 'eat fat to lose fat' thing doesnt apply.
    I felt better and lost weight on higher carbs when I was class 2 obese (BMI > 35) and I feel better and lose weight on higher carbs now when I have just a little weight to lose. It's a myth you can't lose weight on higher carbs.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

I just happened to notice I was losing weight and then figured out the only thing I had been doing differently was increasing my carb intake a bit. Who knows I will probably hit another plateau soon then I'll have to experiment and find something else that works lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrorball View Post
    I felt better and lost weight on higher carbs when I was class 2 obese (BMI > 35) and I feel better and lose weight on higher carbs now when I have just a little weight to lose. It's a myth you can't lose weight on higher carbs.
    I started at a BMI of 38 and last time I was checked I was down to 11. I noticed you have one more pound till your goal weight, congrats.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    There's a bit of evidence to support a genetic difference - some people lose weight any way, some do better on low carb, others on higher carb. Unless you are long-term keto adapted and pretty dedicated to low carb, I think it is difficult to have terrific athletic performance VLC - though some adapted low carbers will avoid issues like bonking, which could be a great advantage. Everyone should do paleo, though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast