Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shakeology page

lovelymamu is offline Junior Member

Shakeology

Primal Fuel
    Have any of you ever tried Shakeology (protein shake)by Beachbody? It's something i normally use, but not sure if it fits into my new primal eating plan.. There are 17 carbs in it, but it also has lots of great things in it that I feel like help me. Any thoughts??

Thanks ~

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I dunno. The PB is low carb by coincidence, not design. Were the ingredients in the shake around 10,000 years ago?

Here is a link to the ingredients ~ http://teambeachbody.com/c/document_...&groupId=59860

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    What do you think?

I'm really not sure, that's why I'm asking. It has lots of grass and berry powders...although it also has sprouted quinoa.....

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you should give it a try -- incorporate a shake once or twice a week when you don't time time to prepare a meal and see how you feel on it.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    I see nothing overtly offensive in the ingredients list, really, except that this isnt really a shake, more like a fructose-cocktail with some added carbs. This shake company seems to market this product based on the assumption that the public will believe in the "super-food" power of fruit powders and the like, when in reality, youre probably much better off eating real, whole fruit sparingly than drinking this fructose-shake daily. The protein content is good, but there are SO MANY other whey protein powders with less carbs than this one, less sugars and non of this fructose/ superfood nonsense.

Yeah, I should probably just stick to the Jay Robb protein shakes. It probably does have a lot of unnecessary things that I don't need!
    Thanks For you advice!!!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I agree with lmyers. The product doesn't seem nearly as bad as a lot of others on the market, but neither does it seem like the best choice. Why go with that concentrated fruit/fructose whallop when you can get the same nutritional benefit in other, more healthful ways -- via actual food? (I don't buy the whole "superfood" craze, either.)

Why use a shake for protein? What's wrong with a can of wild salmon or a slab of steak?
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    I agree with lmyers. The product doesn't seem nearly as bad as a lot of others on the market, but neither does it seem like the best choice. Why go with that concentrated fruit/fructose whallop when you can get the same nutritional benefit in other, more healthful ways -- via actual food? (I don't buy the whole "superfood" craze, either.)

Why use a shake for protein? What's wrong with a can of wild salmon or a slab of steak?
    I still find whey shakes really helpful for achieving protein goals, though. now, mind you I am currently experimenting with eating 1.5 grams of protein per lb of LBM rather than just 1 gram, so for now I am pro-whey shake. Fage, whey, ice, water....thats an extra 30-40 grams of protein that doesnt break the bank. Ill take it. But, I am careful to always keep my focus on whole foods, and thats where I get most of my protein.
    Last edited by lmyers04; 07-27-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast