I am starting this challenge in an effort to stay healthy. I am involved in crossfit (I love it!) and was introduced to the paleo diet a few months ago through my gym. I haven't followed paleo very closely, only making little changes along the way.

I had been having hip and leg pain for the last six months or so and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong. Unfortunately they recently found that I have a large bone tumor extending from my hip down into my pelvis, covering the nerves and artery that travel up and down my leg...pain explained. They're not sure yet whether it is beign or not, but biopsy results come back later this week. Either way I will have to under go a rather large surgery to have the tumor removed and possibly other work depending on the results. It's a scary situation, but I would like to go into it as healthy and strong as I can.

Needless to say, I am much more determined to eat like my body needs me to now. Crossfit is more difficult now due to restrictions since they believe that my hip bone is fairly weak right now, but the people I work out with have been immensely supportive in helping me find substitution to keep me strong.