Thread: Primal Eating & Medication page

amp1314 is offline Junior Member

Primal Eating & Medication

Shop Now
    Hello,

I'm new to the Primal eating world (actually tomorrow will be my first day, today will pantry cleaning). My question is does anyone have experience from weight gain due to an anti-depression/anti anxiety drug? If so has the primal life style helped?

Just to give you a background of me. I am a 30 year active female. I was always a little on the heavy side, but could carry weight well and would never be considered fat. Around 24 & 188 lbs a friend got me into weight lifting and a low carb diet and I lost around 44 lbs in a year dropping me down to a size 6 and I maintained that weight for four years.

Two years ago I began to experience panic attacks and as a result began taking 10mg of Lexapro and they thankfully subsided. Over the course of that 2 years I put back on every single last pound that I had lost previously. Now, I am not pointing the finger 100% at the meds, BUT I find it much much harded to lose weight like I used to. However, if I were in a weight gaining contest I'd be a gold medal Olympian. Before the meds I just simply ate a very high protein low carb diet and after 2.5 years of weight lifting intensely I stopped and just did the occasional light workout and I had no trouble maintaing 144 lbs. My diet is all over the place now because I'm constantly trying to see what works and what doesn't and frustration has led me down a path of bad habits.

I know many will say ditch the meds, but I never EVER want to experience that anxiety again in my life and if I have to be on the meds to keep that at bay I will do that. I don't want to be on them forever, but for now it's the right choice for me.

I'm just curious to see if anyone else has experienced this and been able to conquer it living the primal life stlye??

Thanks!!

amp1314 is offline Junior Member
    wow not one person....amazing.