Thread: Anyone have experience with Mila for omega 3's? page

tokenn is offline Member

Anyone have experience with Mila for omega 3's?

Primal Fuel
    This company was a sponsor for the Crossfit games.

http://www.omgomega3.com/

Anyone know about Mila? Thanks!

Jadebb1 is offline Senior Member
    Mila is chia seed. There was a post on this site about chia seed, but I know that fish oil is the preferred omega 3. Apparently fish oil is more bioavailable omega 3 than chia seed.

The bioavailability in chia seed is supposedly on par to flax.

Hope this helps.

tokenn is offline Member
    Ah yes...found the post. My wife has an allergy to fish so I was thinking this would be an preferred omega 3 supplement for her...any thoughts? Anybody out there have the same issue? Thanks again!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tokenn View Post
    Ah yes...found the post. My wife has an allergy to fish so I was thinking this would be an preferred omega 3 supplement for her...any thoughts? Anybody out there have the same issue? Thanks again!
    Having been deeply involved in the allergy community, I'd urge her to talk to her dr about the possibility of using molecularly distilled fish oil as a supplement. Because it's so highly purified, it's very well tolerated by many fish allergic persons.

Fwiw, most fish oil on the market (really virtually all of it), is molecularly distilled.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Jadebb1 is offline Senior Member
    I have read that for vegans, this might be a way to get the omega 3's in....you also have flax seed oil, eggs, grass fed meats and avocados (I think). But your body just doesn't absorb and convert the vegetable omega 3's the way we can do fish oil.

The idea with something like omega 3 eggs is that the chicken eats the flax seed and converts its omega 3 into a more bioavailable form for us. We are basically using the chicken to convert the vegetable omega3 for us. I think the vegetable omega 3 is short chain and fish oil is long chain (?) and we do much better absorbing long chain. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Acteon is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Perilla seeds are also a source of Omega 3's. It's ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 is even better than that of Flax.

http://www.thisbusinessforyou.com/pd...Seed%20Oil.pdf