Thread: Starting Over and Primal Lunches page

Starting Over and Primal Lunches

Primal Fuel
    Hubby and I were primal for a month or so, and for some reason (can't pinpoint why or exactly when) we fell off. It came gradually, I think, and I think it also had something to do with hubby being jobless for a month. I knew that if we "allowed" a little here or a little there, eventually we'd completely pick up old habits again...and now we have. And now we're both congested again, and feel like crap. Luckily neither of us have gained back the weight yet, but I can FEEL a difference (the bloated, heavy feeling).

I don't have a problem starting over, in the sense of actually just doing it, but I know that I have to completely break those nasty candy bar at 3:00pm every day kind of habits all over again. BUT, my biggest hurdle is that hubby is working again, which is a GREAT thing. But he's a plumber, and he's rarely in a place where he's able to take out a salmon and spinach salad and eat with a fork and comfortably eat his greek yogurt with a spoon. The easiest thing for him, is a sandwich (and usually he's so simple that's all he wants, nothing more). Am I overly concerned if he only eats 4 slices (two sandwiches made with that Orowheat flat bread rounds) of bread per day, if for breakfast and dinner he's all primal?

Hoping to find some new ideas for a primal blue collar lunch box. Thanks in advance for your input!
    Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Hard-boiled eggs, beef jerky, fruit, nuts. I'm sure others will come along to offer suggestions. And I think using a fork shouldn't add that much difficulty to eating lunch. I would think the mindset is the hardest part to change. Although I guess if you have to eat while driving or riding, that might make it more difficult.

And don't feel too down about going off the wagon. Just make up your mind that you will eat and live as healthily as possible and make as few compromises as possible.

Thank you. It's the riding around, and finding the time to eat. They don't usually take an official lunch and most of the time it's on the go.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    When hubby used to eat low-carb (he's back to SAD now) I used to take slices of deli turkey, lay a slice of Swiss cheese on it, a squirt of mayo and mustard down the middle and roll 'em up! Easy to pack in a sandwich bag and easy to eat one handed (hubby eats out of a cooler on the job site).

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Chicken drumsticks: http://amoderngal.com/2010/06/21/ove...en-drumsticks/

Also, sandwiches are convenient because you can pick them up with hands, so you might try other options to make this easier, like skewers of meat, cheese, veggies or fruit; and wraps made with lettuce; and rollups made with nori.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    those are all great ideas so far. Thanks!