Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abs page 2

matt beaudreau Guest

Shop Now

Just to add to the calcium piece- if you have eliminated grains and legumes, you can get plenty of calcium from the vegetables you eat without having to worry about supplementation. The grains and legumes suck the calcium right out of your body. As for the "lower abs" (hopefully people realize the "upper" and lower" are all the same muscular sheath) I think that the cortisol release from obsessing about it might be what's keeping you from being where you want to be! (That was a joke- but seriously, it sounds like it's nothing you need to fret over).

bruce.b is offline Member

This is a possibility you might want to look into. Anterior pelvic tilt is common and might be what's going on.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/marc_mcdougal/pelvic_tilt

bruce b.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member

Girl, don't be so focused on your body's appearance, especially the little things! Whenever I get finicky over how a certain part of my body isn't built to exactly how I want it, it doesn't make training or being healthy FUN anymore. It becomes too much of a vanity thing, not a STRENGTH thing. Like Nate said, quit the crunching. Lift heavy things and SQUAT instead, provided your abs stay tight and WORK to stabilize (that's there job, right? Not to lift yourself up fifty times from the floor..) I used to do ab isolation exercises too, but personally, I think they're boring. I'd rather work on my pull-ups. You'd be surprised at how much your abs endure when you're doing functional, primal movements instead...

If you can't give up your ab exercises, I've read that a Hollow Hold is pretty effective. Lay down on your back and raise your feet and arms, while pushing your lower back into the ground as much as possible. Maintain until you scream mercy.

And enjoy your body! Look at where it's gotten you! And was it your "mission" to be such a low body fat percentage? Why was this your goal?

Indiscreet is offline Junior Member

Sounds like your psoas are a little tight (which is common enough, especially if you have a desk job). Pilates helps a lot.

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

Forget all abs exercises

Use planks only

That way your abs won't stick out

And read www.Fitnessblackbook.com that's great source of knowledge about muscle appearance

I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Here's an interesting article on the posas connection to protruding abs:

http://www.somatics.com/psoas.htm

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12