Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WAH! Why won't the dang scale move?!?! page 5

AndreAnna is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks, Capt. Maybe I need to learn to make my eggs different ways - devilled, egg salad, etc. They are SO good for you but scrambled and omelets gets boring!
    I create Whole/Real Food recipes without grain, gluten, or refined sugars! I'm a working mom with two gluten-intolerant kids proving a real food lifestyle isn't hard! Life As A Plate.

I also have Facebook Fan Page! Come join us!

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member
    Anna: I'm blessed with the ability to never get bored of certain foods. I'd be perfectly happy with bacon and scrambled eggs every morning. It's so delicious every time I make it, I can eat it daily. I know many people need more variation. I'm glad in this case that I don't!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreAnna View Post
    Thanks, Capt. Maybe I need to learn to make my eggs different ways - devilled, egg salad, etc. They are SO good for you but scrambled and omelets gets boring!
    Try making Fat Avocado Devils - Deviled eggs with avocado/guacamole. OM NOM NOM.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member
    +1 on recommendations for more protein! I used to eat 3 zone proportions of meat a day w/ enough veggies & fat to fill in the remainder, but I was always hungry & unsatisfied no matter how much fat/veggies I ate. So I upped my protein intake & voila...satiety & weight loss! lol albeit slowly but that's for me...& it took time to figure out & some trial-and-error to isolate the problem... and I've FINALLY (finally) let go of my weight goal of 130lbs. I'm realistically not sure if I'll ever make it there without sacrificing some muscle which I am NOT down with. So if I weigh 140 forever so be it...as long as its fit & fabulous 140

re: crossfit...at the beginning I could only do 1 class every 2 weeks...then I eventually moved to MWF classes but it felt like I was REALLY pushing it & would do 3 one week, 1 or 2 the next, then 3 again etc...it ALWAYS varied & couldn't understand how ANYone could do the prescribed 3on 1off model. So pay attention to your body, if you can do more your body will let you know! Some people think if you work out 3x a week, then just dont "feel it" for a week that you'll lose everything. Untrue. Sometimes it'll catapult you forward! Seriously, I've taken up to 3 weeks off and just did some walking/hiking/jogging in that time & came back tougher than when i left. Recovery is amazing stuff. Last week I did 5 days in a row & felt fine by the weekend...now its taken about 3 years to get to this point but I still was surprised & super excited that I did it! Then I took 3 days off ;^)

btw anna, you are TOTALLY changing your body. think of it as a surprise, like, "hey, I wonder what'll I uncover and what my body will look like?!" like i said, i developed & discovered a tush i never knew was there & my waist has nipped in (i was more of a 'boyish figure' w/ straighter torso)
    Keep moving forward andreanna. you're on the right path

ps this is a very nice, motivating thread, me likes.

zorba is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eglue View Post
    I'm very familiar with the Crossfit concept. the gym I use actually a Crossfit gym. I also trained in Krav Maga for a few years which had similar concepts of doing different exercises every session so that you're "body doesn't get use" to something and plateaus.
    Typically the only thing that goes on at a Crossfit box is Crossfit. It isn't like a regular gym where you pay membership and show up whenever. It rarely is held at a regular gym and if it is, I would have to question the affiliation or the quality (certification) of the instructors. Would you mind pm'ing the name of the crossfit box/affiliate? The rest of my response has been PM'ed for not wanting to further hijack the thread.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Hi, AndreAnna

Dust and mold allergies eternal? Don't bet on it!

I tend to associate all allergies with leaky gut ... and Primal does help, but maybe something more focused might get it to go away. Google "Specific Carbohydrate Diet" and you'll find a forum or maybe more than one. You could ask them. Comes down to it, grains and dairy and soy tend to be the main culprits in stuff like arthritis, allergies, aches and pains. Sometimes you have to get rid of every single trace of something -- then, surprise! All better!

What you want to get rid of the belly fat is "pantethine", not pantothenic acid. Pantethine is a different kind of pantothenic acid, which supposedly works better. Disclaimer: I've only taken it for two days. So far so good! <grin>

If you want to read all about what does everything to everything, read "Mastering Leptin" by Byron Richards -- probably said this yesterday, if so, sorry. But it's really good, with lots of new things I hadn't known.

sam628 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Andre- Anna

I am having the same issues as you as far as weight and have been having a tough time losing it. I do cross-fit 3 to 4 x a week. I started eating primal approx 7 weeks ago. I found myself extremely tired the first month but feel much better now. I lost a little the first month and have now plateaud. I am sticking with it because I am not hungry. I have no carb cravins and do not even want to eat card. I weigh around the same as you and amin my mid 40s and have 4 kids. People have commented on my body changing it's composition in the past month and say I look like I have lost even though i really haven't. I believe that eventually this will work. It has to.

AndreAnna is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Sam for making me feel not alone! I have no plans on not sticking to it as I feel awesome and know the benefits far outweigh the rest. I also have faith the scale WILL move for us!!
    I create Whole/Real Food recipes without grain, gluten, or refined sugars! I'm a working mom with two gluten-intolerant kids proving a real food lifestyle isn't hard! Life As A Plate.

I also have Facebook Fan Page! Come join us!

soror is offline Senior Member
    I just wanted to add to the encouragement! Your body is changing! Look at your pics!

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Do you have a piece of clothing that's just a *little* too small for you? I have a pair of jeans that was too tight a couple weeks ago, and I'm happily wearing them today (and feeling quite hot, if I do say so myself) in spite of very little action on the scale. I've been heavy weight lifting and I'm starting to see the payoff here.

Getting into the these jeans was a HELL of a boost even though the numbers weren't very encouraging.

(Also - I just discovered your blog and am enjoying it)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast