Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If only given 1 month to get in best shape. page

Djzander is offline Member

If only given 1 month to get in best shape.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Obviously most of us are on here for the long haul and are not using the primal lifestyle for just a quick fix. I have been doing the primal thing for about 2 months now and the fat loss has been decent but I have not had the "eye of the tiger" motivationally thus far. However I have recently learned that in about a month and some change I will be going on a beach vacation with lots of family and friends and would really like to get in my best shape possible for the time allotted. What things would you temporarily change in the primal program if you really wanted to drop fat faster. I,e- More cardio,less fat,less calories, etc... Once this vacation comes I will return back to normal primal protocol.

Djzander is offline Member
    Stats on me just in case they would be helpful- 21 year old active male, pretty muscular but with about 10lbs left covering a 6 pack.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Well, fewer calories of course. You might also consider doing sprints/intervals more than once a week (twice, perhaps).
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Djzander View Post
    What things would you temporarily change in the primal program if you really wanted to drop fat faster. I,e- More cardio,less fat,less calories, etc... Once this vacation comes I will return back to normal primal protocol.
    You can eat slightly fewer calories than you'd need for the exercise you take temporarily. Reducing fat while eating the same number of calories isn't going to help.

pretty muscular but with about 10lbs left covering a 6 pack
    Really, a smooth-looking stomach with a slight fat-covering is normal, if not so fashionable these days. It certainly seems to have been the norm for hunter-gatherers. Have a look at some old nineteenth-century photos:

Australian Aborigine:

http://www.janesoceania.com/australi...boriginal6.jpg

North American Indian:

http://www.firstpeople.us/photograph...Osage-1900.jpg

More recent picture of Dinka (not hunter-gatherers, but very healthy primitives):

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zV8Dci8L3Y...r,%2BSudan.jpg

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Djzander View Post
    More cardio,less fat,less calories
    Well, this is a recipe for disaster for my body and the reason I hate CW.

Don't lower your fat..you can lower your calories slightly because they do matter but just upping cardio really wont help much either IME...Maybe a few extra sprints..but mostly its diet that will change things...for the best results - typical PB diet but no nuts, no fruit, no dairy...those tend to be weight holders in this diet.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Instense weight lifting 2-3x a week... full body compound movements. 1 intense hill sprints each week. Other days stay active... walk, play sports, yoga, whatever.

Super strict on the diet... a big salad everyday. This is the most important part.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Intermittent fasting.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    increase protein, maintain fat at 50% calories, decrease calories, and IF. Cardio is a complete waste of time appearance-wise. Let the caloric deficit and IF do the fat loss work for you, and use that extra cardio time to hit the weights in the gym on days when your calories are a bit higher.

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    I would do Lyle McDonald's "The Ultimate Diet" but still sticking to paleo eating. Haven't done it before, haven't read the book, but I trust the guy knows his stuff and seen some pretty good independent results.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Intermittent Fasting, hill sprints, resistance training, ragga-soca!!! seriously dance to soca once a week for mzxximum results bro.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast