Thread: Paleo vs. primal? page

invino77 is offline Senior Member

Paleo vs. primal?

Primal Fuel
    I was reading the basics of the paleo diet and was suprised to findthat fat shoudl make up on 5-10% of the paleo diet, protein 40%, green leafy veggies 10-15, starchy veggies 10-15, and sugar from fruit, 5-10%.

Hmmm.....my fat intake is up int he 50-60% range on primal.

What gives? I assume that the paleo is really a mirror of what our paleo ancestors ate.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by invino77 View Post
    I was reading the basics of the paleo diet and was suprised to findthat fat shoudl make up on 5-10% of the paleo diet, protein 40%, green leafy veggies 10-15, starchy veggies 10-15, and sugar from fruit, 5-10%.

Hmmm.....my fat intake is up int he 50-60% range on primal.

What gives? I assume that the paleo is really a mirror of what our paleo ancestors ate.
    No, it's not. What it was was people sitting in offices theorizing about what "cavemen" would have eaten:

http://www.westonaprice.org/traditio...n-cuisine.html

Actual archaeological and anthropological evidence shows that hunter-gatherers go preferentially for fat.

But you'll find that some people who call themselves "paleo" take a more realistic view these days.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    In case you haven't read it already, Mark's explanation of the Primal vs Paleo differences: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/whats...mal-and-paleo/

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    a higher % of fat intake, roughly 1/2 of your calories, is going to facilitate better health, energy levels, and more effecient weightloss strategies. Cordain also thinks diet sodas are OK to drink, and used to recommend eating canola oil too, apparantly. I believe he has since relaxed his stance on fat intake, but not sure to what extent.