Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cravings!!! page

shannon is offline Senior Member

cravings!!!

my primal journey has been long and wonderful. i eliminated dairy when i began but now i am going to FREAK OUT if i don't get my hands on some yogurt
    i've come to the conclusion that i am running low on cal. have you guys noticed any cravings related to nutritional deficiencies? i also have had charlie horses a few times this week. could this be related?
    should i give in? i'm thinkin' that my body knows exactly what it needs and this is a call for help.
    thanks guys
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

RogerDeRok is offline Member
    Aren't charlie horses a sign of lack of potassium? Are you taking supplements as well?

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I'd go with it as long as you don't have any dairy issues! The leg cramps could definitely be potassium def.

I was craving butter toast and since I'm celiac cheating wasn't an option, but I realized what I was really craving was butter and that my last few days have been lacking in fat. I still haven't found a great butter vehicle that fills that butter toast craving, but it's not a huge deal, bacon definitely curbed the urge!

i take fish oil and mag.
    there is a lot of potassium in yogurt though. hmm...
    i do VERY low carb right now and think i may be wanting the carbs too. something is telling me NOT to eat it now. wtf?
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon View Post
    i take fish oil and mag.
    there is a lot of potassium in yogurt though. hmm...
    i do VERY low carb right now and think i may be wanting the carbs too. something is telling me NOT to eat it now. wtf?
    any reason for VLC? its not the most effecient way to burn fat IMO...or gain strength............and VLC over the long term, without suffecient carb refeeds, slows metabolism. Also, yams, sweet potatos, and bananas are great whole-food sources of potassium, FYI
    Last edited by lmyers04; 07-26-2010 at 07:28 AM.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    I've been having really bad cramps when I wake up in the morning..I think its either potassium or magnesium..I need to get potassium supplements soon.

Eat the flippin yogurt.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

no reason imyers04. just been eating so much fat that i don't get too hungry throughout the day.
    @sheglowspale: i wanna eat it (whine) there's just so much f*ing conflicting info. out there on dairy. what's a girl to do? AHHHHHH!

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    eat the yogurt for the live cultures.

if the amount of fat youre eating is causing you to neglect getting the proper amount of dietary nutrients, some of which come from carbs, then that might be something to think about.

yeah i think you're onto something. i ate alot more veggies when starting pb and felt great. my energy has been dippin' a bit lately. thanks!

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have a lot of veggies, especially cooked greens, they are low carb and have tons of potassium, magnesium, other minerals and vitamins. I think many people try to dial down the carbs too much when they see some initial results or hit a plateau and cut out vital nutrients in veggies, leaving them low energy or likely to binge. A BAS daily is a great option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast