Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failure? page

Lodini is offline Senior Member

Angry Failure?

I pride myself on being able to eat primally ANYWHERE. People always ask "how do you eat out?", etc... but I find it usually very simple. Today I went to my cousin's house for dinner... not a cousin I am close to so she doesn't know what I am up to right now... I decided to wing it and prove how easy this is.

Unfortunately, she chose to make meatloaf. MEATLOAF??? Why do people feel the need to ruin perfectly good meat with bread crumbs and ketchup? Ugh... I had a small piece and some salad and some spinach. I don't physically feel bad and I know it's all in my head.

I haven't had anything even related to a grain in 6 weeks and honestly, I feel like this was out of my control... but I could just be making excuses.

What would you have done??
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Well, I personally don't like meatloaf so I wouldn't have eaten it anyway (even when I was non-pb I didn't eat it)...But if I did like meatloaf, then yea, I would have taken a small piece and loaded up on the veggies..If you havent had any grain in 6 weeks a small amount of bread crumbs is not a failure in any way. Really not even worth thinking about IMO.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SheGlowsPale View Post
    Well, I personally don't like meatloaf so I wouldn't have eaten it anyway (even when I was non-pb I didn't eat it)...But if I did like meatloaf, then yea, I would have taken a small piece and loaded up on the veggies..If you havent had any grain in 6 weeks a small amount of bread crumbs is not a failure in any way. Really not even worth thinking about IMO.
    +1. That is pretty much what I would have done. I wouldn't worry about the small amount breadcrumbs in meatloaf. Just be glad she didn't make bakes ziti and garlic bread, ha ha

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, it's like 0.5 - 1 cup of bread crumbs in 2lbs of meat. It's not a failure. It's enjoying something that was cooked for you in the spirit of love.

Lodini is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
    +1. That is pretty much what I would have done. I wouldn't worry about the small amount breadcrumbs in meatloaf. Just be glad she didn't make bakes ziti and garlic bread, ha ha
    That's funny because she did ask me ahead of time what I like to eat and I said anything but Italian food
    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I personally would have been more concerned about the quality of meat than a pinch of breadcrumbs. I think it is a bit extremist to feel like a failure over eating a tiny amount of wheat to be polite.

ColoradoSteve is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I like meatloaf. I don't believe that the little bit of bread crumbs are an issue unless you have a reaction to the gluten.

I'll eat it when others make it and when we make it at home it's usually with elk, venison/and pork of its in the freezer. Very good.
    Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

Spun is offline Member
    Everything in moderation....including moderation

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    dont think of it as failure at all!

I too think its fairly easy to eat primally while out, but when it comes to eating at someones house, you've got to know you will have only ONE option! And, the fact that she asked you what you liked to eat before hand? c'mon girl, you could have totally 100% with pride said "MEAT!" (much better sounding than "oh IM vegetarian/vegan/etc" I dont think you failed at all but I have no sympathy

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I feel for you, as I recently ordered a turkey burger at a somewhat upscale place and it turned out to be a mixture of meat, chopped vegetables, egg and breadcrumbs (I asked the waitress to check after I had a weird bite or two). And I ate it, too, though I am pretty serious about avoiding gluten for autoimmune reasons -- I was embarrassed to make a fuss since I'd just assumed it would be OK when I ordered it and I'd already asked for no bun and greens instead of fries. On top of everything, it was about the least appealing turkey burger I ever tasted, much less tasty than those made with just turkey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast