Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Indulged In Some 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate For The First Time

Just Indulged In Some 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate For The First Time

Shop Now
    So I've been primal for nearly five months now and I've not yet indulged in dark chocolate... until today.

Now, I have never had a sweet tooth. Sweets have never tempted me and to be honest, I'm not crazy about candy, chocolate, or pastries.

Today I picked up some Lindt's Excellence 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate (my only store option was WalMart today). It had only 8g of carbs for four (very large) squares of chocolate.

Now this... was good. I ate just one square after dinner and it was a great little treat. I would take this stuff over the sh%t Hershey's peddles any day!
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Just wait until you try Green & Black's, or Ghirardelli, or Endangered Species brand! I also had a few squares of Lindt's today, interestingly enough.

Lindt's and Green and Black are some of my favorites.

I'll have to give the other brands mentioned above a try as well.

My new favorite is Hachez 88%. It's a German brand, and they have it in my nearest big awesome grocery store (Wegmans), but I don't know how easy it would be to find elsewhere. I like it better than the Lindt, Sharffen Berger or Ghirardelli that are in the 80-90% range.

I usually buy the ghirardelli 60% bittersweet baking chips, is that a bad choice? I notice a huge difference from brand to brand in the same % range in carbs, what up with that?

So i just did some looking and the sugars seem to be the same across lindt 85%, ghirardelli 86%, green and black 85% and 88% endangered species. But the total carbs range from 8-17g servings vary also but very little. So what would be the thing to look for?

After some calculations I figured the 60% chips are not very good for me to be eating

I personally look for no soy or other weird added ingredients. Lindt Excellence is my fave budget friendly find!

I would love one in the low 90s. Haven't found one yet, and I do prefer organic so thats an issue as well.

Shop Now
    I like Lindt 90% - no soy.