Thread: Assorted Questions page

Tim50 is offline Junior Member

Assorted Questions

Shop Now
    Hi all:

Just starting out going primal, new to the forum, and I have a few questions. I apologize if they've been answered elsewhere already.

1) I can't seem to access Mark's shake for purchase. I can't normally prepare a breakfast, and need to take a shake with me to work. Does anyone have a particular recipe for a shake?

2) What vitamins and supplements does he recommend? I generally find only...generalities in his book. I am making a list, and would like some specific recommendations.

3) Are chick peas primal-friendly?

Thanks much!

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim50 View Post

1) I can't seem to access Mark's shake for purchase. I can't normally prepare a breakfast, and need to take a shake with me to work. Does anyone have a particular recipe for a shake?
    Mark has a recipe for a smoothie here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prima...ple-on-the-go/

2) What vitamins and supplements does he recommend? I generally find only...generalities in his book. I am making a list, and would like some specific recommendations.
    See here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...pplementation/

I.e., antioxidants, probiotics, fish oil, protein powder

3) Are chick peas primal-friendly?
    You'll find them on the site under the name "garbanzo". They tend to use that alternative name in the U.S. For example, you'll find they turn up as an "occasional add-in" for salads:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ultimate-salad-recipe/

If you want to search for any specific term across Mark's site, you can use a site-specific search in Google - for example:

garbanzo site:.marksdailyapple.com

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    SMOOTHIE
    When I was doing dairy, I did 15-20protein from however much whey protein powder that required (varies from brand to brand....I like Natural Factors Whey Factors), 1c berries, 1/2c water, 1/2 cup coconut milk. It's not tasty delicious but it's lowish carb and my body felt *fantastic* drinking it. Bananas don't work for me and stall my weight loss.

SUPPLEMENTS
    Virtually everyone working indoors midday will need some vitamin D. Some will need a multi in addition to antioxidants, fish oil, probiotics. See my docs below for the fish oil, probiotics and antioxidants I take. Rainbow Light Men's Just Once is *fantastic* multi. I buy all of my supps at iherb.com b/c it's so much cheaper than stores in town. About 40% less.

In your shoes, I'd take
    the multi (probably depending on a few things)
    Garden of Life Primal Defense
    Now DHA-500 (500 mg DHA;250mg EPA per gram)
    grapeseed extract and resveratrol alternated
    CoQ10 - 100 mg per day Jarrow Q-sorb

Re: garbanzos and legumes in general....not primal.
    Last edited by cillakat; 07-25-2010 at 01:32 PM.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I believe I read Mark's taken his shake off the market and will soon release one far better. I find busy mornings the easiest time to intermittent fast.

Hey, thanks all, a lot. I'm just starting out, looking to lose 60 pounds. I've done it before, but yo-yo'd. In the past, I've used Pat Robertson's shake recipe, which includes:

raw apple cider vinegar
    safflower oil
    fish or flaxseed oil
    2 scoops each of soy and whey protein powder
    glutamine powder
    MSM powder

I have a Whole Foods Market near my home in Birmingham. Guess that might be the best place to go.

Thanks again!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    raw apple cider vinegar
    safflower oil
    fish or flaxseed oil
    2 scoops each of soy and whey protein powder
    glutamine powder
    MSM powder

I have a Whole Foods Market near my home in Birmingham. Guess that might be the best place to go.

Thanks again!
    Birmingham? Alabama? My dh and kids are 5 min from that whole foods right now. My SIL and most of dh's family lives in Bham. How cool! I luuuurve that WF and head in there every chance I get.

No safflower oil though and no soy

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

lol, how cool. I'm originally from Marietta, Ga...live in Hoover now. Love it! Small world eh!