Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Assorted Questions

Tim50 Guest

Assorted Questions

Shop Now
    Hi all:

Just starting out going primal, new to the forum, and I have a few questions. I apologize if they've been answered elsewhere already.

1) I can't seem to access Mark's shake for purchase. I can't normally prepare a breakfast, and need to take a shake with me to work. Does anyone have a particular recipe for a shake?

2) What vitamins and supplements does he recommend? I generally find only...generalities in his book. I am making a list, and would like some specific recommendations.

3) Are chick peas primal-friendly?

Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim50 View Post

1) I can't seem to access Mark's shake for purchase. I can't normally prepare a breakfast, and need to take a shake with me to work. Does anyone have a particular recipe for a shake?
    Mark has a recipe for a smoothie here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prima...ple-on-the-go/

2) What vitamins and supplements does he recommend? I generally find only...generalities in his book. I am making a list, and would like some specific recommendations.
    See here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defin...pplementation/

I.e., antioxidants, probiotics, fish oil, protein powder

3) Are chick peas primal-friendly?
    You'll find them on the site under the name "garbanzo". They tend to use that alternative name in the U.S. For example, you'll find they turn up as an "occasional add-in" for salads:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ultimate-salad-recipe/

If you want to search for any specific term across Mark's site, you can use a site-specific search in Google - for example:

garbanzo site:.marksdailyapple.com

SMOOTHIE
    When I was doing dairy, I did 15-20protein from however much whey protein powder that required (varies from brand to brand....I like Natural Factors Whey Factors), 1c berries, 1/2c water, 1/2 cup coconut milk. It's not tasty delicious but it's lowish carb and my body felt *fantastic* drinking it. Bananas don't work for me and stall my weight loss.

SUPPLEMENTS
    Virtually everyone working indoors midday will need some vitamin D. Some will need a multi in addition to antioxidants, fish oil, probiotics. See my docs below for the fish oil, probiotics and antioxidants I take. Rainbow Light Men's Just Once is *fantastic* multi. I buy all of my supps at iherb.com b/c it's so much cheaper than stores in town. About 40% less.

In your shoes, I'd take
    the multi (probably depending on a few things)
    Garden of Life Primal Defense
    Now DHA-500 (500 mg DHA;250mg EPA per gram)
    grapeseed extract and resveratrol alternated
    CoQ10 - 100 mg per day Jarrow Q-sorb

Re: garbanzos and legumes in general....not primal.
    Last edited by cillakat; 07-25-2010 at 01:32 PM.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

I believe I read Mark's taken his shake off the market and will soon release one far better. I find busy mornings the easiest time to intermittent fast.

Tim50 Guest
    Hey, thanks all, a lot. I'm just starting out, looking to lose 60 pounds. I've done it before, but yo-yo'd. In the past, I've used Pat Robertson's shake recipe, which includes:

raw apple cider vinegar
    safflower oil
    fish or flaxseed oil
    2 scoops each of soy and whey protein powder
    glutamine powder
    MSM powder

I have a Whole Foods Market near my home in Birmingham. Guess that might be the best place to go.

Thanks again!

raw apple cider vinegar
    safflower oil
    fish or flaxseed oil
    2 scoops each of soy and whey protein powder
    glutamine powder
    MSM powder

I have a Whole Foods Market near my home in Birmingham. Guess that might be the best place to go.

Thanks again!
    Birmingham? Alabama? My dh and kids are 5 min from that whole foods right now. My SIL and most of dh's family lives in Bham. How cool! I luuuurve that WF and head in there every chance I get.

No safflower oil though and no soy

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Tim50 Guest
    Shop Now
    lol, how cool. I'm originally from Marietta, Ga...live in Hoover now. Love it! Small world eh!