Thread: Effects of animal fats in the human body? page

sixtyacres is offline Junior Member

Question Effects of animal fats in the human body?

Shop Now
    Hello to everyone - I'm new to MDA-I've been reading a lot of the articles on Marks Daily Apple website (and Caveman Power) and really love the team spirit. Now let me make clear- I'm a big fan of meat. Been on a Primal/ Caveman type plan for 4 weeks now -I lost 21 lbs in the first 3 weeks (which I'm very happy about) but nothing in the past week. I'm exercising regularly but not overdoing it. Cycling to work also but that's only 6 miles a day. I'm wondering if any other MDA fans have watched the 60 min film ' A Diet for all reasons' ? (http://vimeo.com/5753057). It has me slightly concerned as to am I doing the right thing in eating meat to the degree that's suggested by Caveman Power and Marks Daily Apple ?

Any thoughts? I'm enjoying the Primal/Caveman/Paleo lifestyle but don't want to be doing myself longterm damage....

PS - apologies if this has already been discussed before and I've missed it...as I say I'm new to all of this and there is a lot of catching up to do....
    Last edited by sixtyacres; 07-25-2010 at 08:10 AM.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, this kind of stuff make me 2nd guess as well.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Oy... within the first ten minutes, his argument is sending alarm bells all through me. So many logical/analytical breaks.

1) Correlation does not imply causation. Wheat/grain and potato consumption going down, and beef/milk/poultry consumption going up does not mean people should not eat animals.
    2) He has not at all addressed the drop in physical activity of the American public in the time between his "start" and "end" years.
    3) He mentions fried chicken, double cheeseburgers, milkshakes, and ice cream. Uhh... let's see. Hydrogenated oils, poor-quality meat in the burgers (feed lot, grain-fed, etc.), tons of sugar, etc. Sure, let's go right ahead and blame animal meat fat.
    4) Since when did the idea that "eating fat causes your blood to turn fatty for ## hours" become en vogue? Is this video recent??

hutax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Oy... within the first ten minutes, his argument is sending alarm bells all through me. So many logical/analytical breaks.

1) Correlation does not imply causation. Wheat/grain and potato consumption going down, and beef/milk/poultry consumption going up does not mean people should not eat animals.
    2) He has not at all addressed the drop in physical activity of the American public in the time between his "start" and "end" years.
    3) He mentions fried chicken, double cheeseburgers, milkshakes, and ice cream. Uhh... let's see. Hydrogenated oils, poor-quality meat in the burgers (feed lot, grain-fed, etc.), tons of sugar, etc. Sure, let's go right ahead and blame animal meat fat.
    4) Since when did the idea that "eating fat causes your blood to turn fatty for ## hours" become en vogue? Is this video recent??
    Good response, Sixtyacres, have you read The Primal Blueprint? The bottom of the PB pyramid is fruit and vegetables. No where does it say to eat a LOT of meat. It's just part of the picture.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post

Critical thinking?! Is that allowed?

edit: ok I skimmed the video. Those are lies, plain and simple. Eating animal fat doesn't cause athersclerosis or any other disease, it is a complete fabrication. And "fatty blood" isn't a bad thing. It means that your blood is transporting fats, it doesn't mean that they're going to end up in your arteries. This has been refuted so many times I was hoping it would just go away.
    Last edited by Stabby; 07-25-2010 at 09:23 AM.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Animal fats sexify the human body.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    They are what boobs are made of after all.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Grol is offline Senior Member
    With certain friends and family I handle this type of stuff with sensitivity and balance. I say pick your poison. Mine happens to be producing that incredible smell on the grill outside. Yours is a gooey white compressed glob of processed soy. Life's good. Enjoy!