Thread: Vibram Bikila fitting question page

joshua76 is offline Member

Vibram Bikila fitting question

Primal Fuel
    Ok so I just got my first pair of VFF's! I'm so excited, I went with Bikila because of my love of running 5k's. They were really difficult to put on the first time, but are not so bad now. My problem fit wise is the space in between the toes, my toes have just a little bit of room at the end of the toe pocket but are really tight in the area between the toes, almost like there is not enough room between my heal and where the toe pockets start?? Is this normal and requires a breaking in period? Thanks for any ideas and thoughts

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua76 View Post
    Ok so I just got my first pair of VFF's! I'm so excited, I went with Bikila because of my love of running 5k's. They were really difficult to put on the first time, but are not so bad now. My problem fit wise is the space in between the toes, my toes have just a little bit of room at the end of the toe pocket but are really tight in the area between the toes, almost like there is not enough room between my heal and where the toe pockets start?? Is this normal and requires a breaking in period? Thanks for any ideas and thoughts
    Hmmm, tricky one. Generally, the thinking is that it's better snug than not b/c they do 'give' a little with wearing. I'd wear them around the house first to see if it's tolerable. Maybe you need to size up for the length?

In the end, I coudln't do the bikalas because they don't have a heel adjustment like the KSOs and sprints do.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    My KSO's stretched a bit after I wore them a couple times. My big toes were snug to the end, but my little toes are so small I could not go with a bigger size shoe, they won't stay in the pocket on the larger sizes. They stretched out just enough that now all toes are comfortable. Seems like the KSO has play in the heel to front sizing..... I have never tried on any Bikilas, they have not been in stock around here.

You don't want a lot of movement with the toes, so if you have space in the ends now, I would not think you would want a bigger size. If it feels 'too' snug in between the toes, you might have to check out other models and see if the spacing between the heel and toe section adjusts at all. Or wear them around the house a bit and see if they loosen up a bit.

joshua76 is offline Member
    Cillikat and Meadow, Thanks for the input! I'm going to wear them around the house the rest of this week and see how they feel. I'f still so tight i may go a size up

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    (I love my sprints!) could never go with KSOs or "more" shoe on my vffs

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    I just got my first pair of VFF's, also Bikila's and wore them home. After doing a lot of research because they aren't cheap I went into the store knowing the KSO's would be best for me but when I tried the Bikilas they just fit my foot a lot better.

I've been wearing them around the house for a couple hours so far with a little walking and my pinky toe on one foot is hurting. My little toe is always squished right against the next one and I don't think it likes to be separated this way. I'm hoping the feeling will go away the more I wear them. On my other foot it is fitting like a glove.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    They told me to only wear them for short period for the first five days....if any discomfort started, take them off and go barefoot. Then do that daily until over time, any discomfort went away. it took maybe five days?

also, keep in mind that with bikalas and the other cloth versions, frequent washing is necessary to keep the smell away.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order