Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (AngelaSkabelund) page

AngelaSkabelund Guest

Primal Fuel

August 4 2009

Yesterday was great. I kept my committment. I picked fresh green beans, tomatoes, and green bell peppers (why didn't I plant red?) from my garden. Watered the lawn (no sprinkler system), shopped for veggies and fruit, came home and cut them up and put them away. I've been very out of shape as a couple of years ago I was morbidly obese, but still somewhat active, but after a couple of injuries and being laid up for a couple months I gained 60 lbs and now it is even more difficult for me to be active. I now weigh 366 pounds. My highest weight just a month ago was 375. I can't believe how heavy I've become. I told my doctor several years ago when I weighed about 255lbs. that I had gained 20-30 lbs in just a month. He didn't care, just ignored my concern about how easy and fast I could gain weight. I have since changed doctors. I am grateful to find Mark through Doug Kaufmann and am grateful for all Mark does for people. Yesterday went well:

B: 2 hard boiled eggs and 1 cheese stick

L: 2. crenshaw melon, 1/2 c red grapes, 3/4 c vanilla yogurt

S: 1 c. cauliflower, 1 T ranch dip, 1/2 c. crenshaw melon, 1/2 c. red grapes

D: 4 oz Tilapia w/Lemon jc. 1/2 lg tomato, 1 c green beans (veggies from my garden)

S: Protein shake with 1/2 c frozen blueberries and 1/2 c, raspberries (since I was hungrier than I thought I would be)

From Yesterday

August 4, 2009

I realize I waited too long before eating lunch (2pm) and didn't eat enough so at dinner I was hungrier than I should have been. Should have had veggies for lunch and meat. Overall it went well because I was active in my yard and didn't eat bread, cereal, cake, or ice cream. I copied my Committment I posted yesterday in the forum to the start of this blog for my own reference purposes, plus it is on my refrigerator and in my bedroom to remind me.

My committment from yesterday Aug 3: The Primal Challenge:

I commit that over the next 30 days I will get out in the sun for a few minutes everyday and work in my yard and garden and breath in fresh air. I will do my best to eat Primally and will not eat grains or processed food and will eat lots of good vegetables and fruits. I will continue to work at getting good sleep and will not allow myself to get overly hungry by eating more veggies to curb those moments. I will stand empowered and powerful in my strength and own responsibility for my health. I am morbidly obese and now is the 30 day challenge to the rest of my healthful abundant life. -Angela Skabelund

AngelaSkabelund Guest

August 4, 2009

B: 2 eggs 1 c spinach, 1 T onion, 1T blue cheese crumbled

S: 1 c crenshaw melon

L: 6 oz roast beef sliced, 3 strips of bacon, 1 T blue cheese melted 1 apple

D: 2 cups tomatoes, cucumbers, cauliflower, 3 oz chicken, 1 T Heinz 57 sauce

S: 1 protein powder 1c water 1c frozen blueberries

Walking 10 minutes.

Really tired tonight. Need to eat more veggies I think. I don't know...

AngelaSkabelund Guest

August 5 2009

It has been a challenging day, hence Primal Challenge?

I had

B: 2 eggs with 1-2 T spring onions. 1 c Tomato, cucumber, and cauliflower salad

1/3 c orange juice

S:Smoothie protein powder 1 scoop, 1.5 c water, 1 c raspberries, 2 ice cubes

L: 3 oz turkey, 1 oz swiss cheese 1 c tomato, cucumber, and cauliflower salad 1 T ranch dressing (I know too many carbs)

D: 1.5 oz ham, 3 oz chicken, .5 oz swiss cheese, 1 cup leafy green salad with some sliced onion and tomato, 3 T vinegar 1T olive oil, 1 white roll 1 T butter, 1 carrot muffin

S: red seedless grapes 1/2 cup

Worked in the yard for 20 minutes.

Any movement other than sitting is an improvement for me.

I can't believe I went off the plan, except instead of continuing to indulge I had the grapes and some water to get me to stop the carb glut. I know I had too much oil/butter/cheese... but instead of "hating" me I think I will evaluate what to do to prevent this "glut" for tomorrow and in the future.

I realize that dinner came from a restaurant and next time I will not buy me dinner at the restaurant, too tempting...I realize it is cheaper to steam fish for myself, like orange roughy and have some lemon slices and lemon juice and carrots and cooked cauliflower, plus it is also cheaper to eat food from home. Veggies bother my family's stomach and I am not sure what to get to make it easier to digest vegetables...they always come back up on us after we are done with eating. I am trying to plunge forward and eat well regardless of any consequences like that, as I feel it will eventually improve, and I can tell I have already lost some weight around my torso..of course probably just water, but anything like that is encouraging to me! Tomorrow will be better!! I am not going to say tomorrow I will be good, no sir! That is making a judgement on myself. I am saying tomorrow will be better and I'll soon learn to plan and improvise in a healthy way when it comes to mealtimes and hunger. I could have had a protien smoothie sooner or drank 2 c. water after dinner and then had a smoothie a while later.. Any ideas?

AngelaSkabelund Guest

Today was a slow day for me. I was slow to get up, slow to get me something to eat, just wasn't hungry. Slow to get to my work here in my home office. I am trying to figure out a balance with my protein and carbs. Thanks to Mark for helping me with that today. I am moving forward.

B: Protein Powder smoothie: 30 g powder, 2 c ice water, raspberries 1c.

S: 1 apple, 2 sticks celery, 2 T peanut butter

L: 8oz tuna fish 1/4 c lemon juice, 1c cottage cheese, 2 tomatoes

D: 1 c 2% milk, 1/3 lb lean hamburger, 1 tomato, 1 banana

S: 2 eggs 2T ketchup

Exercise: for me...20 min walking

AngelaSkabelund Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I've been busy with my business and am even still working on it right now trying to get a mailing out. I've been in my office from first thing in the morning until about 5pm, and then I've gone to get something to eat and then right back to work until about midnight. I am now getting stir crazy from being in this office so long. It is extremely important to my future business and income. So for the last couple of days I have tried to eat more protein. Yesterday I made a protein smoothie that helped immensely. I have had bad carbs that aren't the best for me, but not that many too far off. Tomorrow I will be really strict with my carbs and just eat all greens and protein only. Monday I'll add fruit. It is good to come to this site and see everyones posts. It is uplifting and urges me forward. I have a long long way to go. It is late and I will have to update my eating another time for today and yesterday.