Thread: Tim's Journal page

beamteam is offline Junior Member

Tim's Journal

Shop Now
    Hello All-

I started this journal for one simple reason, I need your help in assessing and framing my progress!

A little background: I'm a 21 year old college athlete. I love to play sports and I Love to eat. I have always been in the healthy range, between 11-15% body fat, but never fully committed to dietary excellence. My goals are to be as athletically fit as possible: this means as strong, as fast, as conditioned, as quick as possible. With this, I hope to have noticable abdominal defition (the only thing I've ever been missing). I came into this summer at 5'10", 180 pounds, 15% body fat. I ate convetionally healthy all summer and dropped 10 pounds, although I'm not seeing the abominal defition I want just yet. I went Primal about 2 weeks ago, for the first 4 days loved it, but haven't since. Don't get me wrong I love the way I feel, just not the way I look (it appears I'm getting fatter). I don't know if I'm eating too much fat (and should substitute leaner meats for fattier ones) or too many calories or if my genes just have not been reprogrammed yet but I hope you all can help me. I'm headed into my senior year and look forward to competing for a national championship at peak physical condition, but only with your help! A side note: I love to workout but recently I had to get surgery on my abdominal which means I will only be able to slow jog/walk for a month, with some light weight lifting and abdominal work. This means my diet needs to be extra particular to maintain my summer progress and break through previous barriers! Any and all insights are appreciated, don't hesitate to be critical (constructively of course), now let us begin!

B: 2 Sausage, 2 Hot Dog, 1 Pepper (All cooked in butter)
    D: Almond Butter, half and half cream 16oz, 1 apple, 12 grams of blackberriers

WOD: Hour and a Half Walk (Still working my way up after surgery)

Day 2

Woke up hungry for the first time in a while. Didn't eat for an hour, completing a successful 16 hour IF. Read out in the sun today which felt great. Still a little stir crazy as I'm not moving like I normally do after the surgery.

B: None
    L: 8-9 oz organic chicken breast, with a medley of vegetables (carrot, broccoli, zucchini, tomatoe, etc...) cooked in butter and an organic Vindalo (indian and amazing sauce)
    Dinner: 4-5 oz chicken breast, 8oz london broil steak, mushrooms, broccoli, carrot, green pepper all cooked with a healthy serving of butter
    Snack: Protein shake with water, about 130 calories, 25 grams of protein, 3 grams of fat

WOD: Walked for an hour an twenty mintues, 4 1/4 miles. Legs felt strong, although would love to lift some weights!

Hope everyone is doing well, I return to my internship tomorrow so I hope all goes well.

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you can eat too much fat. It is a good thing. It is important to get enough protein but you should eat plenty of good fat. It is very filling too.

I think that the long walks will be good too. I hope you heal quckly.

Where do you get Vindalo? I love Indian spices and I haven't heard of this one. Sounds yummy.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Cool, another guy my age. Where do you go to school?
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Day 3-

I got the Vindaloo sauce at Whole Foods. It was made with all organic ingredients and i think it is supposed to be one of the spicier sauces!

I go to Notre Dame. About to be a senior, you?

L: Pound and a half of chicken, salmon, bass, mushrooms, sea weed, red/yellow/green peppers, and flank steak (not a pound and a half of each just a whole jumble of the above that weighed about a pound and a half)
    D: 5 eggs, 1/2 tomato, onion, cheese, 4 pieces of bacon (cooked in butter)
    Snacks: protein shake and some unbelievable macaroon made of organic coconut, cocunut oil, organic cocoa, and organic spearmint (high in saturated fat, very low carb)

WOD: Walking

Thought/Inquiry: I guess i should have stated earlier that I'm a bit confused about how to achieve my goals. Weight has always been a number to me, and losing it really never mattered. Body fat however has been very important. I've lost very healthy weight this summer, but I'm still higher in body fat than I'd like to be. I would even like to put on another 5 pounds of muscle and continue to lean out. Any suggestions are appreciated. And, I don't want to lose any more weight but I want to lose fat, so I don't know where my calories/ food mixture should be.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I go to University of Miami. About to start my graduate studies. Can't wait to restart the series with ND in two years...
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal