Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sally's primal experiment :) page 4

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Oh, and happy note to self: fitting in to size 10 dress for 7-year-inversary with the husband. (was between 12 and 14 at Christmas) yay!
    This is fantastic! I am enjoying reading your journal. PLease keep updating!
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

bokbadok is offline Senior Member
    I have been struggling with my usual issue: now that I'm feeling better, I keep thinking a little cheating won't hurt. I really need to resist that, it *always* lead down the slippery slope to SAD. Anyone else have that issue?
    :raises hand:

Yeah - it's easy to think a little bit won't hurt. But then I go try on the size 16 pants I used to wear and then I decide my cute size 10's are sooo worth avoiding the junk. Of course sometimes I give in and eat that forbidden thing (last time was at Christmas), and boy do I pay for it. But you know what -- I usually find that A) the forbidden food doesn't satisfy me like I thought it would, and B) the aftermath only strengthens my resolve to get back on the horse and keep going strong.

Sounds like you need some sort of goal to work toward... does that sort of thing motivate you?
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

Sally is offline Member
    Ok, time for a checkin again. I can't believe it's been about 3 weeks. So here it is almost 3 months in, and nothing is really changing significantly. I am still not motivating to do anything other than yoga, and I feel like I'll be stuck until I do. Wish I had someone to work out with that knew what they were doing, but I've had bad experiences with personal trainers in the past, so I don't want to go that route.

You know what would be cool? Some sort of certified "primal" personal trainer.

Anyhow... I did finally order some of the supplements today, and I've been definitely 80/20, but I had been probably more like 90/10, so I'm slipping a bit. Not as militant about it when I'm in social situations, which is too many nights a week.

I guess I will make some goals, and they are going to be baby steps. These are goals for THIS WEEK and only this week. (I'm better with short term - heh)

1. I will cook at home, primal, at least 4 times this week. Looking at my schedule, that will be Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    2. I will get my ass to the actual gym for strength training at least twice, even if I feel like a fool who doesn't know what she's doing.

Wish me luck, believe it or not those two little goals are huge for me.
    ***if you fall down seven times, get up eight.***

Sally is offline Member
    my baby goals are halfway achieved!

i'm at 2 home-cooked primal meals since I posted, and I actually went to the gym today for some "lift heavy things"ing. I did upper body today, although I really wish I had a better idea of what I'm doing. I really need a workout partner.

I'm interested to see how I feel in the morning - I haven't really lifted weights since primal, and I'm wondering about recovery times.

anyhow... yay! halfway there and the week is just starting.

Sally is offline Member
    almost a full month since last post. I think I made it through that week ok, but had a major tumble the other day.

Whenever I get a cold (which, btw, is super rare) I CRAVE simple carbs like mac n cheese. I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat, aching body, etc. My husband has been sick for two weeks, and most of my social circle has had cold/flu this month, but I was happily chugging along with no symptoms. Then *boom*, sick.

Anyhow, I stayed primal for breakfast. Then around lunchtime I succumbed and had an entire box of Annie's organic mac n cheese all by myself. At night two shots of good anejo tequila.

Viola! Woke up today good as new. I wonder if carbs, as well as being bad for humans, are bad for attacking cold bugs? Or perhaps I should credit the tequila, it's another of my sore throat cures.

Sally is offline Member
    AND.... yet another month flies by.

Last post when I thought I'd kicked the cold bug? Nah. Have been trying to get over it entirely for 3 weeks now. Slipped a bit because of aforementioned carb cravings when ill, but I've at least been good about no sugar. Trying to get back to 80/20, when I've been more like 70/30 for the past month.

This morning I made primal raspberry muffins with coconut flour. I think coconut flour is my new favorite thing.

Sally is offline Member
    ok, so I haven't been blogging, but I haven't given up on primal either. I just tend to fall off the wagon a bit more in summer, with constant sailing (read: way too much beer around) and social activities. When I do this, I still tend to rule out wheat and sugar, but consume more french fries.

Anyhow, a friend of mine was asking me about primal eating, and wanting to get started (AND be a workout partner, yay!) so I was really happy to see the challenge starting again next week. What great timing! I was just thinking of starting a "real" blog with progress updates and recipes, so I probably still will do that. The last blog I did was for a triathlon I trained for 3 years ago. Anyhow, looking forward to getting re-immersed in the awesome community here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234