Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I saw someone wearing VFFs in public! page 3

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    There's a dude I occasionally see at my local Whole Foods who wears them. I've yet to ask him about them, though.

rock licker is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
    Can someone tell me if they are lined.
    No they are not lined, the material is essentially a tight breathable single layered mesh, however, the toes are covered with a thicker tighter mesh material.

that was vague but i hope that helps...

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    When I'm back in the States I wear my VFF all the time and have had a lot of good comments about them, which pisses of my wife since she thinks that they are freakly looking and doesn't understand why others don't think the same. If I'm not in my VFF, I'm barefoot. Also wear them when I'm back in Egypt and get a lot of comments, usually friendly ones.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

BoNasty is offline Junior Member
    I'm seeing them more and more, during morning work outs (Navy). There especially popular in the Spec Ops community
    "Sorry common knowledge, I know I keep pissing you off." -Mark Sisson

Baglady is offline Junior Member
    I wear mine (classics) out in public often and yes people do find them weird. Sometimes I hear people chuckling behind me, it's ok though I don't care, I LOVE my VFF's. I have had them about a month now and am about ready to get my Bikilas and start running in them.

I have sweaty feet and the VFF's are great because they let my feet breathe until they get wet. I went camping last weekend. They got wet Saturday morning in the dew and were wet the rest of the weekend. They would not dry out with my feet in them. So by Sunday afternoon they were STINKY!!! After a few washes and leaving them to get good and dry for a few days they are good as new!

I have only seen them twice before I had owned a pair and my sightings were not in public.
    Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baglady View Post
    I They would not dry out with my feet in them. So by Sunday afternoon they were STINKY!!! After a few washes and leaving them to get good and dry for a few days they are good as new!
    I wear mine every day all day. The cloth ones get stinky pretty fast so I wash them every 2nd wearing and rinse in diluted vinegar. The vinegar is *the bomb* at keeping the stinks at bay.

Now my leather ones..... *love* They stayed stink free for weeks. I'm 3 weeks into daily wear and will probably wash them tomorrow. Even now, it's mild....I have to put my nose in the shoe to find it.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Baglady is offline Junior Member
    @cillakat

Thank you for the vinegar hint. I had to wash mine twice and the second time I used a dash of bleach and was very nervous about that, they are too expensive to reuin them so quickly. Will you wash the leather ones the same way as you did the cloth ones?

I wore mine the first three weeks I had them everyday, then went camping and then spent last week wasing and drying. I want to wear them all the time and now you have given me hope!!
    Bags
    Primal Since 10/2009

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    I wear mine every day all day. The cloth ones get stinky pretty fast so I wash them every 2nd wearing and rinse in diluted vinegar. The vinegar is *the bomb* at keeping the stinks at bay.
    What water-to-vinegar ratio do you use? The same as for hair washing (i.e., a tablespoon of vinegar per cup of water)? I'll have to try this.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    1:4 ratio vin:water. I first wash in my front loader (though I've also read of folks just wearing them in the shower and soaping them up that way), then remove, then dunk in a bucket with enough vin/water to cover, then either hang dry, or set in sun to dry, or spin first in the front loader, then dry as mentioned.

but with only one pr, I still could't wear them daily....they didn't dry fast enough.

The leather ones can apparently be washed just like the others.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    1:4 ratio vin:water. I first wash in my front loader (though I've also read of folks just wearing them in the shower and soaping them up that way), then remove, then dunk in a bucket with enough vin/water to cover, then either hang dry, or set in sun to dry, or spin first in the front loader, then dry as mentioned.
    Forgive me if I'm being dense, but to be clear so I don't mess it up (haha) -- 1 cup vinegar per four cups water? I've not been into the ratio business with home care very long (indeed, this past week is my first real foray into it) so I want to learn everything the right way the first time.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast