Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a Skinny-Fat Chick page

Amazing is offline Junior Member

Confessions of a Skinny-Fat Chick

Primal Fuel
    One of my friends was nagging me forever to read Mark's book. She had lost an amazing amount of weight and looked absolutely fabulous. Not that she was ever overweight, but she'd always fallen into the not-so-attractive skinny-fat category, something I could relate to. For many years, I've been trying to lose the same 20 lbs without success. I've kept a clean diet throughout the years, but because of my previous history with yo-yo dieting, my metabolism was messed up. I used to be such a cardio bunny and spend hours on end at the gym. Did I lose any weight? Nope, but I definitely grew increasingly frustrated.

Reading Mark's book opened my eyes to this new lifestyle. Being a vegetarian for 20 years, I've naturally always eaten lots of grains. Brown rice and wholewheat pasta have definitely been go-to foods. I'd easily consume 300 grams of carbs every day and get less than 70 grams of protein. No wonder I never lost the weight! Anyway, here I am, doing my first week, and hoping for some results.

My goal: Go from 135 lbs, 30% body fat, to lean. Not sure what I'd weigh, but I remember a time when I was 110 lbs and looked pretty damn good. Not that I look like a complete troll now; I hide my excess weight pretty well, thankfully. More people than my mom and husband tell me I'm pretty!

I aspire to be amazing in every aspect of my life, hence the nickname here. I also believe in the power of positive affirmations, so AMAZING seemed fitting.

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Welcome & Good luck!
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Cosima is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm also skinny/fat so I'll definitely be checking in with you to cheer you on!

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Amazing!

jonezinmt is offline Junior Member
    I think I would be considered skinny/fat, too! Let's encourage eachother...it's about getting healthier, right?!

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. I'm in the not so skinny/fat range 185lbs 39% body fat.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome .

Your are going to be so happy you decided to do this. The first week might be a little hard, but stick with it and you will truly be amazed at the difference it will make in your life.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your support! I'll be getting more acquainted with the forums today, but so far I'm really impressed with all the info, the support and the resources.

I hate "frenemies"

I hate this kind of "friends," you know the lot: They are supernice to your face and the second you leave the room, the gossip starts. Of course I know they talk about me, why wouldn't they as they talk about everyone else in their social circle with the same venom? It's the same kind of friends who think the worst thing that can happen to a woman is for her to "let herself go" or gain weight. Yep, those kind of people are my so-called friends.

Why do I keep them around? I believe in the old adage "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." I'd never confide in these people because my experience has been that they never keep anything secret. But I do see them around, especially at social occasions, which during the summer tend to increase.

Yesterday was one of those social occasions I couldn't get out of. I was already thinking about the food and what would be served at this birthday party. I resolved the dilemma by eating before going and thought to myself, "Hey, I'll just say I'm not hungry when I get there." Which would be true. But when I got there and declined to eat the non-primal food, I got bombarded with snarky remarks First of all, I hate cake. Frosting is disgusting. Second of all, why do people get offended by someone's decision to not eat something unhealthy? Seriously, if I were to waste 500 calories in one sitting, it sure as hell wouldn't be on supermarket-produced cake. Once again, disgusting.

One woman started really drawing attention to me, talking loudly about how I was probably dieting AGAIN and how a little piece of cake wouldn't hurt me. I hate those comments. I mean, if won't HURT me but it surely won't HELP me, either.

Anyway, I chose to ignore the comments and the ramblings of how a real diet is supposed to be like (it was CW heaven, let me tell you). Note that I NEVER even mentioned anything to these people about adopting a primal lifestyle...

So note to self: Next time, stay home. It's just not worth the energy it takes trying to explain to morons why you're declining to partake in their carb fest...

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
    I hate this kind of "friends," you know the lot: They are supernice to your face and the second you leave the room, the gossip starts. Of course I know they talk about me, why wouldn't they as they talk about everyone else in their social circle with the same venom? It's the same kind of friends who think the worst thing that can happen to a woman is for her to "let herself go" or gain weight. Yep, those kind of people are my so-called friends.
    Well, I've heard several places/times that even within a typical circle of "friends" (I classify these circles as those populated by usual Americans, under the influence of CW and the SAD), the women cannot stand one another. It's an odd type of catty competition. They feign friendliness but in reality hate all the others' guts.

Find new friends. Discard the old. You don't need that junk in your life.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast