Thread: Jonezinmt Primal Journal page

jonezinmt is offline Junior Member

Smile Jonezinmt Primal Journal

Shop Now
    TODAY is the day I am turning over a new leaf. I am relieved I can journal online about my accomplishments and setbacks...I know Iwill have both. Starting something new is always a challenge. Yesterday I became a member of Primal and what did I do? I ate a 1/2 bag of chips and a huge piece of birthday cake...then I took a nap! UGH! I hope I can motivate myself to NOT do this again.

TODAY I will stop beating myself up for the past mistakes of starting different lifestyle changes and failing.

TODAY I will choose to succeed!

Cosima is offline Senior Member
    Yay! You can do it!

I am already very proud of myself...took the dog for a 30 minute walk. Had salad and chicken for lunch with a large glass of tea. Took mother-in-law to healthfood store, bought protein and "real" yogurt, no more activia! Am looking forward to feeling better! I know it's only day one, but we all had to start somewhere, right?!

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard! It's an ongoing adventure but I am so glad I changed my eating I haven't lost a lot of weight, but on the whole I feel better than before. It's definitely going to be my way of eating from now on.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

It's so nice to be a part of such a huge community of people doing the same thing. I'm not so concerned to be losing weight as I am to be healthier and feel better. Does anybody know what the best liquid to mix protein powder with?

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    I don't use protein powder, but you could try coconut milk.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Is there a benefit to using protein powder other than if I'm not getting enough protein in my diet this would supplement it? As far as coconut milk, this will be a new one for me, do I drink it strraight, on ice or just whatever comes naturally?

Today I feel really good. I ate 2 eggs for breakfast, cheeseburger for lunch (not many choices of the fair) and a salad this afternoon. Lots of tea! It is so hot hear...90 degrees for Montana is ridiculous. Lots of exercise running after the 3 year old grandson at the fair, to work off the cheeseburger! Completely wiped out from the heat and non-stop running from ride to ride! Going to hang the laundry outside and enjoy some more tea.

Has anybody ever worked out with the Mitch Gaylord "Melt It Off" Cd's...had them for a while and am having a hard time getting motivated. But I have to keep some options when this winter hits...too cheap to get a gym membership!

Last night I did a work out video...too hot to be outside. This morning I had a protein shake, salad and veggies for lunch. I feel really good and proud of myself for not taking a sleep aid last night AND I slept through the night. Could it be because I am eating properly and exercising?! YEAH! I have to be the one to pat myself on the back, because no one else will! :O)

Cosima is offline Senior Member
    That's wonderful, I'm go glad you're feeling great!

You might think about throwing some meat on your salads; great way to get your protein in and might cut out the need for the supplemental protein shakes.

Keep up the awesome work!