Thread: Sticking with it

Sticking with it

Shop Now
    Hello all.

I have been lurking for quite some time. I've been primal off and on for close to 2 years now. For various reasons, I always have trouble staying the course. My weaknesses have less to do with actual food and more to do with liquid calories, even though I know they are literal garbage for me. It's my vice and I struggle a great deal letting go of it permanently. It's pretty obvious that I'm addicted.

I live in Florida and am 27 years old. I am an accountant but have decided to take a hiatus to stay at home with my kids. I have 4 kids, with the youngest being almost 4 weeks old. My goals are more long-term in nature. Since I just had a baby I do have about 13lbs to lose to get back to pre pregnancy weight, but I am not overweight and I have never had any abnormal bloodwork. I have a family history of being overweight, diabetes type 1, high blood pressure, thyroid issues, kidney stones, and even some weird bone issue that has caused my mom to have both knees replaced already at only 51 years old. I want more for my life than to be crippled by constant ailments and medications. With 4 kids, I have a lot to live for. I also don't want them to grow up constricted by the same types of addictions to sugar and/or food that I have had to deal with and will hopefully set them up for a life of health and vitality.

I'm willing to take any and all advice for dealing with my sugar dragon and beating it once and for all!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Welcome. Glad you've been lurking and gladder you stepped out. I'm a sugar adfict, too. In remission, so to speak. The easiest method I know to quell sugar craving is with protein. Even a good quality whey, combined with a daily dose of gelatin did it for me. For a while during your transition, high protein early in the day, up to 50g including about 20g of gelatin will reduce the sugar cravings and pretty much allow you to govern the rest of your food logically.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Shop Now
    Thank you! That is a good point. One thing I've never done well is utilize protein in the morning. It's rare that I actually eat breakfast. This morning I did try to take that approach and ate the last egg in the house. I'll continue to do that and see if it helps. So far I'm day 2 back into it and have a major headache, feeling sluggish, am starving, and I'm pretty grumpy. I'm hoping this will pass quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum