Thread: Back after 3 years.

Back after 3 years.

Shop Now
    Hello All!

After much flailing and failed diets, I've finally come back to the Primal Blueprint to start my health journey anew. Crawling back, really, because I know the success of this lifestyle and I'm almost embarrassed enough not to want to post this, but I know I should.

I had started the primal lifestyle way back in June of 2013 (and starting again in June oddly enough, maybe it's a sign). I didn't last as long as I wished I had on it, but boy did it work. That was 3 years and 40lbs ago. I can't remember what exactly derailed my positive train, but something did and here we are now. I've tried so many things since then, from half-baked "less" gluten diets, to full vegetarian diets, and WWatchers too (which I absolutely hate every time I try it). Nothing has stuck, not surprisingly.

My health has recently taken a turn for the worse, mostly within the past 6-8 months. I have the standard problems you'd expect of someone standing 5'1" at my weight, everything except high blood pressure (small blessings), and I'm now considered dangerously close to diabetic. I also have PCOS, which I've kinda ignored for a long time. Bad, I know. Earlier this year it came back to bite me, flaring up as it hadn't done before and really messing me up.

Anyway, I've met some new people in my life who have really inspired me to get out and get healthy, in many different ways. And I know the first real step to that is getting my diet to where it should be. So I'm back to do this again, and I think through patience and persistence I can feel as good as I felt those few months 3 years ago.

Hope this wasn't too much text, looking forward to getting back into the Primal community!
    Restart Date After 3 Years Gone: 6/29/16

New Starting Weight: 210.0
    Current Weight: 206.0
    First Goal Weight: 200.0

Total Pounds Lost: 4.0lbs

"You must do the things you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Welcome back. It is good you remember how it was and what can happen when you lose focus on what was successful. Many times I'm tempted to delve back into old ways and play in old playgrounds. We're glad you're back and wish you best of luck. I'm betting you'll be a regular here, and for a long time.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Quote Originally Posted by John Caton View Post
    Welcome back. It is good you remember how it was and what can happen when you lose focus on what was successful. Many times I'm tempted to delve back into old ways and play in old playgrounds. We're glad you're back and wish you best of luck. I'm betting you'll be a regular here, and for a long time.
    Thank you very much John! Gonna give it my best again, I want to feel better. Just gotta finish clearing out the cupboards
    Restart Date After 3 Years Gone: 6/29/16

New Starting Weight: 210.0
    Current Weight: 206.0
    First Goal Weight: 200.0

Total Pounds Lost: 4.0lbs

"You must do the things you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Welcome back! You're in good company - I just came back as well.

Same here back after many failed attempts, but today i have made a decision after not fitting into an xl pair of shorts no way am i going xxl lol. Onwards and upwards

Shop Now
    Welcome back...I just came back as well
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing