Thread: Mood Swings...help! page

Chairdr is offline Senior Member

Mood Swings...help!

Primal Fuel
    For some reason I seem to have a really short fuse when it comes to my family, even though I try to be laid back & calm. When I get home from work, it doesnt take much to trigger me into being completly stressed & pissed off. I think my family seems to try to walk on eggshells when I get like this, but a snow ball effect turns into an avalanche when I get backed into a corner. Of course i am always right, and nothing is ever my fault, it has to be everyone else with the problem...right? So thats how i get until the next morning when I wake up and realize that i was being unreasonable. Apparently My primal lifestyle is now being classified as "obsessive". And my family is sick of me always cooking, & creating new dishes. & planning our next meal. If i dont plan, than they would all eat crap while i have a shake. So now i have the urge to "let them eat cake". they can cook for themselves, & I wont tell them how awsome I feel & how good my latest experiment in the kitchen goes. No more telling them about my latest weight milestones, or my exersice routines.....So I guess i wont be speaking to them anymore. I think im having a mood swing as I right this.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    *hug*
    Now, are you getting any play and relaxation during all this? I know what you mean by getting unreasonable at times. I mean, not that I would know for myself...I'm never unreasonable...>.>
    Nope, perfect mother and wife here
    Let them eat cake. You can't make them love this lifestyle, they need to come to it themselves. If you like cooking meals, then go ahead! Enjoy it, just don't expect them to be as psyched up as you are. Go ahead and casually drop your newest milestones, but find other stuff to talk about too. Meet them halfway.
    Again *hug* Having your family behind you and supporting you is such an uplifting, amazing feeling. Hopefully they get to the point where they can be more supportive. Meanwhile, thats what we're here for

Now on a totally different track, are you getting enough omega 3's?Vitamin D? Sleep? Magnesium and all the other nutrients that promote calm feelings? Fat? Mood swings could be a sign of a deficiency.
    Calm the f**k down.

Thanks...I needed that today. I am glad to know that im not the only perfect person in the world.
    Other than sleep, I think I am well on track with the above mentioned neccesities. For some reason I am only sleeping aroud 7 hours a night. I have tons of energy, & am never tired. But I have been reading up on the benefits of sleep & weight loss & health. As far as fat.. I have consumed more fat in the last 4 months than in my entire life (it seems). Also I stopped smoking that "calm feeling" stuff 18 years a go.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairdr View Post
    they can cook for themselves, & I wont tell them how awsome I feel & how good my latest experiment in the kitchen goes. No more telling them about my latest weight milestones, or my exersice routines.....
    Sounds like a really good plan right there. Really good plan. People can only take so much of that.

.....So I guess i wont be speaking to them anymore.
    Really? Come on now

You gotta figure out where all the tension is coming from!

I was just busting my own chops about not having anything left to talk about, it was just a bad joke. The tension is all coming from me, Im wondering if it my diet, or if i need to be medicated?
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Who knows, something else to ponder. I would say go see a doctor but uhh....yeah.
    It makes me sad to see you so down. What are you doing for play?
    Calm the f**k down.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Chairdr - I may be dense, but is this new since the PB?

Does MDA count as play?(LOL). most of my play involves working out..walking, biking etc. I do get Sundays to sit on the beach, maybe a little sea kayak, long walk, dig a hole w/ the kids.

H20girl....I had them before, but it seemed hunger related like clockwork. Going primal seemed to have helped, but now coming back strong. Im hoping it is just a short phase
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Apparently My primal lifestyle is now being classified as "obsessive". And my family is sick of me always cooking, & creating new dishes. & planning our next meal. If i dont plan, than they would all eat crap while i have a shake. So now i have the urge to "let them eat cake". they can cook for themselves, & I wont tell them how awsome I feel & how good my latest experiment in the kitchen goes. No more telling them about my latest weight milestones, or my exersice routines.....So I guess i wont be speaking to them anymore. I think im having a mood swing as I right this.
    I've btdt. For 7 years, I've successfully treated irritability, depression and anxiety with orthomolecular medicine (ie vitamins, minerals, amino acids and EFAs). Good discussions can be found in the works of Joan Matthews Larson (top recommendation), Carl Pheiffer and Abraham Hoffer. Julia Ross has a book as well that is not *anywhere* near as thorough as Julia Ross.

What you describe could be just irritiabiliy, but sometimes bipolar disorder displays this way as does borderline personality disorder. All can be helped with meds.

If you'd like to go a little more primal though I'd try
    1) niacinamide, sufficient vitamin d and sun to get your levels to 65ng/mL, and a sh*t load of high dha fish oil (see my linked doc below)
    2) cognitive behavioral therapy

How old are you? Do you have kids?

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    I had some pretty nifty mood swings as a result of blood sugar issues. But if you're still having them on PB, I would think they were probably just exacerbated by hunger pre-PB.

As far as what kat said, BiPolar I'm not too familiar with, but I am intimately familiar with Borderline PD. BPD is generally all mood swings all the time around people one is close to (I used to live with someone with BPD and have done a LOT of research on it), so unless it's been a pattern your whole life and the fact that you're recognizing it and realize it's you who's having the mood swings and are asking for help, I wouldn't think it was BPD.

Beyond that, one possibility is previous blood sugar issues, and now increased testosterone from a Primal Diet.