Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could live anywhere...

If you could live anywhere...

Shop Now
    If you could pick anywhere to live (in your current country), where would it be and why?

This is assuming you'd move with your immediate family (spouse, children, pets) and not necessarily be close to any extended family (if you were before). For the sake of the thought experiment, don't worry about the cost of moving or jobs.

I'm daydreaming about where we might move someday and suddenly have no idea how to figure it out. Married young professionals with two cats... We have plenty of options. We generally prefer suburbs with some kind of city life nearby (within 30 min travel).

Anywhere in Northern US that gets significant snowfall is off my list right away, but that still leaves a lot of options. I keep thinking about Arizona, but the climate change would be really drastic from what I'm used to in Massachusetts. I've never lived anywhere else.
    Depression Lies

Oh, honey. Come to Naples, FL
    You.will.never.leave.

Jalisco, Mexico. There are green valleys, beautiful mountains and beaches in this state. Lots of good fish, meats, vegetables and fruits available. Cost of living is very reasonable compared to the USA. A comparable home in Mexico will cost about a 1/3 or even less.

Best small city in America - http://www.luxurytravelmagazine.com/...rica-22044.php

Also, one of the 10 best places in the world to retire. - http://www.cntraveler.com/galleries/...ld-to-retire/9

Made the transition from Southern California 25 years ago and never looked back. Friends and family love to visit when possible. A ton of Yankee transplants here, including my closest friend.
    Ht: 5'8"
    Wt: 163
    BF: 9%

The trouble is, you think you have time. - Da Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Oh, honey. Come to Naples, FL
    You.will.never.leave.
    My impression is that FL is insanely humid. And I'm not sure I want to be in hurricane land!
    Depression Lies

Quote Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
    Best small city in America - http://www.luxurytravelmagazine.com/...rica-22044.php

Also, one of the 10 best places in the world to retire. - http://www.cntraveler.com/galleries/...ld-to-retire/9

Made the transition from Southern California 25 years ago and never looked back. Friends and family love to visit when possible. A ton of Yankee transplants here, including my closest friend.
    Santa Fe would be pretty hard to beat.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Being a native Texan, I am prejudiced to any place between the Red and Rio Grande Rivers... San Antonio was the last place we lived.. and I loved it there.... great food, lots to see, and fairly centrally located...

Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Being a native Texan, I am prejudiced to any place between the Red and Rio Grande Rivers... San Antonio was the last place we lived.. and I loved it there.... great food, lots to see, and fairly centrally located...
    The San Antonio area is home to some great music and musicians too, especially if you like Conjunto, ala Flaco Jimenez, Nick Villarreal, and so many others.

Probably a little too warm and tumbleweedy for me though.
    Ht: 5'8"
    Wt: 163
    BF: 9%

The trouble is, you think you have time. - Da Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
    The San Antonio area is home to some great music and musicians too, especially if you like Conjunto, ala Flaco Jimenez, Nick Villarreal, and so many others.

Probably a little too warm and tumbleweedy for me though.
    yeah, it is a tad warm.... which is why the gods made cerveza fria...

Shop Now
    Since my country is only slightly larger than Massachutetts I'd unfortunately have to emigrate to change climates.