Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Lunches for the Groklings... page

PrimalNavyWife is offline Junior Member

Primal Lunches for the Groklings...

Primal Fuel
    Hi y'all! Our family is just starting to eat Primal and I'm looking for good primal lunches I can pack for my kids (ages 9, 7, 2). I'm a homeschooling mama, but we have to pack lunch twice a week during the school year, once a week for Co-op and once a week for Chinese school. Any suggestions? I have three awesome Planetbox lunchboxes and no ideas as far as what to put in them!! Help, please!!

Acmebike is offline Member
    I'm bad at the whole concept of a meal. I just toss in a bunch of favorites into a lunchpail: pemmican, jerky, hardboiled eggs, pre-cooked bacon, smoked fish, can of anchovies/sardines/herring, dried fish, etc and that way when hunger hits, there is bound to be something edible and satisfying at hand.

RogerDeRok is offline Member
    Pickles, uncured natural hot dogs, natural fruit bars (like fruit leather), Cheese (if you do dairy), nuts...

I agree about hard boiled eggs.

I've been lucky, my kid for the most part loves primal foods. Her lunch today was bacon & watermelon.

Also veggies like, carrots & celery, raw broccoli...

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Acmebike View Post
    I'm bad at the whole concept of a meal. I just toss in a bunch of favorites into a lunchpail: pemmican, jerky, hardboiled eggs, pre-cooked bacon, smoked fish, can of anchovies/sardines/herring, dried fish, etc and that way when hunger hits, there is bound to be something edible and satisfying at hand.
    This is the best way to pack kiddo lunches imo!!! My grokling's lunches always look like some sort of snack platter/picnic! Cold meat, cheese, nuts, hardboiled eggs, smoked oysters etc. etc. etc.

soror is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
    This is the best way to pack kiddo lunches imo!!! My grokling's lunches always look like some sort of snack platter/picnic! Cold meat, cheese, nuts, hardboiled eggs, smoked oysters etc. etc. etc.
    That is what I do as well- minus the dairy. We are gone 2 days a week as well- one for co-op and then for library and lunch w/ Daddy. On lunch w/ daddy day I make a big meal the night before so well have leftovers as he has a microwave. But usually I am lazy otherwise.

Spinner is offline Senior Member
    This past school year, well the last part anyway! My dd was taking hard boiled eggs, sliced ham/turkey/chicken, sliced cucumbers and baby tomatoes, and home made trail mix of crispy almonds (soaked and then slow roasted), dried apricots and a few 5-8 dark chocolate chips. A very few times she would take cheese, but it was and is hard to get her to eat cheese that is at room temp, so that became a no go.
    Every day is another stitch in the quilt of life.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Re-Start date 6/23/2011
    me--Post pregnancy --mama to a beautiful baby boy--
    273.4/269.3/115
    Hubby--230/227.8/165

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Primal Hand Rolls. Nori sheets wrapped around what ever you want, meats, tuna, avocado, whatever veggies you want... just line the sheet with lettuce before you put on any of the other fillings to keep the Nori from going all soggy.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Check out these photos; tons of ideas:

http://www.laptoplunches.com/LaptopLunchPhotos.html

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Check out these photos; tons of ideas:

http://www.laptoplunches.com/LaptopLunchPhotos.html
    I got hungry looking at those, The halloween one was cute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast