Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop Staring! :) (ok don't!) page 3

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Interesting thoughts, all.

I get looked at a lot, but few men actually approach me and speak. Those who do are generally older than I, often by quite some years. Guy friends tell me that this is because I carry myself with a certain, well, regal posture that renders me both attractive and intimidating. (Which is rather funny, as I'm only 5'3".)

Anyway, I take it as a compliment to be noticed, and I like the nerve of guys who aren't afraid to say something (polite). The young'uns who look away when I catch them staring? Endless entertainment.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    I can only imagine what cillakat is wearing to get stared at in Little 5.

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonFreshScent View Post
    Other people were born for the spotlight... and losing weight today makes you stand out because so many people look like crap.
    so true, my wife is 5'7" and 140lbs, built like a gymnast but she thinks she's chubby. At least that's how she thinks until we go someplace public... then she feels skinny.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    she thinks she's chubby. At least that's how she thinks until we go someplace public... then she feels skinny.
    Beauty is power.

Power is beautiful.

Embrace it.

She'll embrace back.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

divafern is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    @divafern: Just curious. How tall are you? Cillakat is 5' 2", I am 5' 0". I am wondering if our small size is part of what makes/made us feel unsafe.

I find it fascinating that some women absolutely crave attention and will go out of their way to get it, and then others are (literally) hiding out in bathrooms.
    interesting, I am short: 5'3"

SheGlowsPale is offline Senior Member
    Having lost over 100lbs...its very interesting how people treat you differently. Men, women, doesn't even matter. You get looked at differently and spoken to differently. I have noticed that I get a lot of looks from men...at first I had a hard time with this..I think my fat girl defenses would go up and Id think to myself "Why is he looking at me? Am I that funny looking? " lol...I have some severely messed up self esteem (it's gotten better, I can admit I'm atleast mildly attractive now)..but the weird thing is I hardly ever get approached anymore. The thinner I get the less I get hit on. But as for looks..it doesn't bother me...I just ignore them and go about my day although I kind of like it.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    @divafern: Just curious. How tall are you? Cillakat is 5' 2", I am 5' 0". I am wondering if our small size is part of what makes/made us feel unsafe.

I find it fascinating that some women absolutely crave attention and will go out of their way to get it, and then others are (literally) hiding out in bathrooms.
    Hee hee, limelight girl back, I'm 5'2", a child molestation and rape survivor and have been liberated from an abusive marriage and I still love being the center of attention. I don't go through the antics that I did in my teenage days, but obnoxious attention was never my style. I love to make people laugh with me, and I love to perform, but I don't love to be laughed at or be thought of as the crazy girl at the party. I've met girls who will do ANYTHING for attention, but I like positive attention, not just any old attention.

I guess it's just in my personality and no one's been able to beat it out of me yet.

Gwenhyffar Guest
    I use a pretty standard reply for "compliments": "and what makes you think I wanted to be appraised of your judgement of my physical appearance?" shuts them up, mostly because now of course I'm some uppity bitch.

Stares and wolf whistles are met with the one fingered salute.

I simply don't appreciate any kind of comment, be it verbal or non-verbal on my appearance from complete strangers.

Now friends and family, that's different.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, I'm pretty short too(5'2). I feel hot and wouldn't mind if people stared. but they don't(le sigh) No guy has hit on me for a long time, except for one awkward moment when a regular customer slipped me his phone #...He is in his 40's. Nothing wrong with 40, but come on!
    I think its the lack of boobage lol!
    Calm the f**k down.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenhyffar View Post
    I use a pretty standard reply for "compliments": "and what makes you think I wanted to be appraised of your judgement of my physical appearance?" shuts them up, mostly because now of course I'm some uppity bitch.

Stares and wolf whistles are met with the one fingered salute.

I simply don't appreciate any kind of comment, be it verbal or non-verbal on my appearance from complete strangers.
    Why?

(Honest question, not intended to be snarky.)

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast