Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tumeric

Tumeric

Shop Now
    I recently had a tussle with the body piercer and had need for some anti flams. I ran out of voltaren and ibuprofen. Neither of which were very inspiring or what I really want to be taking so I got some turmeric. I started peeing like a racehorse so I assume it is doing something. Either way I feel a lot better than I did with the chemicals. My question is has anyone taken turmeric for any reason or length of time and have you found it effective for what you were taking it for? Has anyone just taken it and noticed any effects?

I just started taking it. I have some pretty serious inflammation in my intestines and lymph nodes that is improving. I have lost a few lbs of fluid since I started it. I switched up my diet as well so it could be one or both that are responsible for the improvement. I have significantly less pain and swelling in my lymph nodes and a reduction in my abdominal pain.

There is some evidence thst the properties of tumeric are enhanced when taken with black pepper and possibly a little fat.

The turmeric I got from the healthfood store is in pill form and has black pepper with it.

I have significantly less pain and swelling in my lymph nodes and a reduction in my abdominal pain.
    that alone would be worth taking it for.

Yes. It has helped significantly with bilateral rotator cuff impingement and general joint creakiness. Not every day but more often than not. I take very few supplements but tumeric is a staple.

Interesting. How much tumeric are we talking here?

I just use turmeric in everything I cook (I am Indian, the dot kind). It's a great flavor enhancer, and goes with everything. My gf has started adding that to eggs when she makes omeletes, sometime we drink some milk at night, and add some turmeric to it.

All good.

we can also get fresh turmeric root here which is ok to chew. I just cant chew it right now as I have a large stud thru my tongue and it makes my tongue yellow and I cant clean it! I wouldn't even know how much to take.

Nutrigold Tumeric Curcumin Gold. 500 mg Curcumin C3 Complex, Bioperine Extract 2.5 mg. is my current supplement form. There are others available online. Read the Amazon reviews and decide for yourself, if interested. I also picked up a few fresh tumeric pieces at WF yesterday to try with eggs and maybe put in a ferment. I have tried the dried powder form in cooking as well but it does tend to turn everything pretty yellow. I guess you could say I've swallowed the tumeric Kool Aide...

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by twa2w View Post
    There is some evidence thst the properties of tumeric are enhanced when taken with black pepper and possibly a little fat.
    This is why I sprinkle it on my eggs every morning, with salt and black pepper, then eat the whole thing with bacon.
    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager