Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alternate day f a s t i n g? page 2

strom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    According to the Warrior Diet and leangains website, Yohimbe helps. Not sure if it will work though.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    Suffering leads to satisfaction
    especially if someone else is doing the suffering.

but yes caloric restriction over a long period is no fun, which is why I've decided to quit it.

Chinatown, and Fung Wah No.1 Fast Food roast pig for me!!

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    you just have to be patient with the stubborn fat. It definitely doesn't fall off like the rest. :`( single tear.
    I grok, therefore I am.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestoclimb View Post
    you just have to be patient with the stubborn fat. It definitely doesn't fall off like the rest. :`( single tear.
    I'll get there some day... right now we're still working on the whole "I just want to see my wang" level of fat loss.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    lol
    I grok, therefore I am.

SpiritWarrior is offline Member
    As Kramer once said, "I like depriving myself of things, its fun!"

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    I think the best way to diet is to have days where you exceed your maintenance calories, days where you eat at maintenance, and majority of days with a caloric deficit. I dont think our bodies respond well to a constant caloric deficit......eventually it gets wise and starts to slow metabolism, and starts to store more of the fat we eat. I have seen this first hand in my own body. With a few tweeks, I have found that whats works much better is a (significant) caloric deficit for 4 days out of the week, 2 days of maintenance calories, and one day of 500 calories over maintenance works best, especially for maintaining, and even building muscle (my main focus). The day with the higher calories can be used as a heavier than normal lifting day, so you are still getting the extra calories to build some muscle (and thus burn fat even more efficiently) while enjoying a caloric deficit at the same time else where in the week. It is logical to our bodies to want to stop burning fat on long-term caloric deficits, and not to mention, its pretty depressing sometimes too.......having those days where you are eating more and then some keeps your fat-burners firing, and allows for periods of relaxation and flexibility.

As I build more muscle and get leaner I will transition to adding 3 days of maintenance, 3 days deficit, and 1 day 500+ cals. I IF 16-18 hrs M-F as well, and I dont forsee that changing at all, as my progress is slow but apparent.

plus the 500+ days are fun!
    Last edited by lmyers04; 07-23-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Clint is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    I think the best way to diet is to have days where you exceed your maintenance calories, days where you eat at maintenance, and majority of days with a caloric deficit. I dont think our bodies respond well to a constant caloric deficit......eventually it gets wise and starts to slow metabolism, and starts to store more of the fat we eat. I have seen this first hand in my own body. With a few tweeks, I have found that whats works much better is a (significant) caloric deficit for 4 days out of the week, 2 days of maintenance calories, and one day of 500 calories over maintenance works best, especially for maintaining, and even building muscle (my main focus). The day with the higher calories can be used as a heavier than normal lifting day, so you are still getting the extra calories to build some muscle (and thus burn fat even more efficiently) while enjoying a caloric deficit at the same time else where in the week. It is logical to our bodies to want to stop burning fat on long-term caloric deficits, and not to mention, its pretty depressing sometimes too.......having those days where you are eating more and then some keeps your fat-burners firing, and allows for periods of relaxation and flexibility.

As I build more muscle and get leaner I will transition to adding 3 days of maintenance, 3 days deficit, and 1 day 500+ cals. I IF 16-18 hrs M-F as well, and I dont forsee that changing at all, as my progress is slow but apparent.
    Great post!

I couldn't agree more.

another thing I thought of: as you get leaner your calorie requirements go down, yes, but were you aware that your protein requirements also go up? (this is from http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/) I have been seeing much better progress ever since I started eating 1.5 grams of protein per lb, rather than 1 gram per lb, and may increase my protein even more as I continue to have less BF

Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Great post!

I couldn't agree more.
    thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast