Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss has stopped for the last month page

twoidhd is offline Member

Weight loss has stopped for the last month

Primal Fuel
    Went from over 300 to 237 in 6.5 months but during the last month I've stopped losing. Part of that time I had a back injury that cut down on my walking a lot. Getting kind of pissed about this but at the same time don't want my happiness controlled by the damn scales.

What have others done to kick start weight loss after getting stalled?

Thanks in advance.

twoidhd

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twoidhd View Post
    Went from over 300 to 237 in 6.5 months but during the last month I've stopped losing. Part of that time I had a back injury that cut down on my walking a lot. Getting kind of pissed about this but at the same time don't want my happiness controlled by the damn scales.

What have others done to kick start weight loss after getting stalled?

Thanks in advance.

twoidhd
    I was just about to post this exact same question. I've plateau'ed as well it seems.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Are you measuring? With Primal especially you're going to have periods where you're gaining muscle and losing fat and the scale won't show you that at all... measurements will. So if you are measuring, has that stopped? And if not, start measuring!

As helpful as the scale is... it really only gives a small part of the picture when you're doing body recomposition. It's a tool, but not one you can rely on completely to see actual progress.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

chasbuddy is offline Senior Member
    I keep a food journal here and a separate xl spreadsheet for weight, BP and HR. So far I have identified that if I eat fruit on one day my next day I can almost guarantee that I will increase my weight or minimally just remain the same. This irrespective of what ever else I eat. That is me and my metabolism....it could be different for you. You cant trouble shoot a problem if your not measuring the results so try that and see if it helps. Graphing your weight as it does not move is maddening but it will tell you a lot if you do the combined work of journal keeping food as well. I was amazed at how little of the wrong stuff impedes weight loss.

Didn't figure I was the only one...LOL. Hopefully some great ideas will get posted here. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one.

twoidhd

Interesting answer....I've noticed during this time that I am starting to lose belly fat. I can see it going away when I look in the mirror.

fragileknees is offline Member
    Me too! I am stalled for three months now.

Things I have tried that worked for others (but not me):

-Minimze fruit, nuts, dairy, and alchol
    -IF 1-2x a week
    -Carb refeeds 1-2x per week

GOOD LUCK

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member
    Carb refeeds and IF seem to be the only way I can lose inches. Even then, my body refuses to go past a certain point, which drives me insane. And i'm a no fruit, strictly meat and veggies person right now and so far, i've lost NADA. Oh and calories around 1400 a day as well. Idk anymore lol.
    && It's not just about living well, it's about dying well.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    are you still eating the same cals as you started? as you get leaner, you need to scale back your calories as well. 237lb person requires less cals than 300lb person.

aslo, fat loss is more of a stop. go. stop. go. sort of thing. you can go weeks with no progress, then in 1-3 days have lots of progress, etc. be patient and stick with what works.

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My weightloss never really got off the ground ... not yet anyway. I've been primal for 5 weeks and lost about 3lbs total. However I've noticed areas of my body looking slimmer in the mirror, and people have been commenting. Haven't checked my measurements recently though.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast