Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight loss has stopped for the last month page 2

chasbuddy is offline Senior Member
    Yes, the body does slough off weight in a nonlinear way. Re: BMR...I whole heartedly agree with losing and cutting back calories. My BMR at 264 was 3050 to maintain. At 200 it is supposed to be in the 2800 calorie range. As it is now (242) I am eating 1300 ish calories a day and still losing but I expect to have to fast more, pile in more exercise or reduce calories as I approach 200 lbs. Putting it on is sure a lot more fun than taking it off. Ive been shedding Holistic Pizzas for a month or more now. Just think of all those broken promises about eating holistic foods and staying healthy! Trust me, Diet Beer is a scam.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    are you still eating the same cals as you started? as you get leaner, you need to scale back your calories as well. 237lb person requires less cals than 300lb person..
    This is basically what I was going to ask. Doing what was successful at a morbidly obese state won't work nearly as fast at a just chubby state. Congrats on all that weight loss. Great job.

I think we're all different, but I seem to experience the same thing as chas with fruit. As of this past weekend I have completely eliminated it and in the last two days I feel like a small plateau just caved in and a few more pound vanished. It's a weak correlation, because with the exception of a little very hard cheese, I have eliminated dairy this week too. I didn't intentionally eliminate it. I just ran out and haven't been shopping.

Mixing things up seems to jump start me too. Eat a wide variety of stuff. Increase your fish and omega 3s.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    I think fructose and a higher-fat diet just dont mix well for some reason.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    1300 calories may be too low... your body may be fighting you on the weight loss for fear of starvation. Not necessarily the case, but possibly. I eat around 1300 and I'm 165

Some of the things that I've noticed and started to do more from lots of reading on this board and experimenting (so take with a grain of salt and feel free to ignore!), I think the combination of scale, measurements, food log are needed for many people. For some, they can just dive in and it works... most of us come from either being overweight for a long time, or have other physical issues caused by eating crap for too long (that last one would be me, even though I thought I was doing well... eek!). Keeping track of calories and the macros (protein, fat carbs) helps us learn and make sure we're in the right zone. It's easy to go over, or od on the carbs or not enough/too much protein, especially at first when we're really learning about our foods (which I think most of us really never did before.)

I do believe strongly that some people have certain foods/food groups that just stop weight loss for whatever reason. Mostly probably insulin resistance, but there are other issues as well. So doing some experimenting and making those connections is important if we want to make progress. Think of yourself as a giant petrie dish! OK, maybe that only works for me...

I figured out that I had to give up alcohol COMPLETELY. At least for now. Because my body took that sugar and ran with it... causing not only my fat burning to stall but caused cravings for the wrong type of food. But that's just me...

I realize that this diet (i.e. Way of Eating) shouldn't be that hard and complex. And it probably wouldn't be if we're weren't coming to it already damaged from years of eating wrong. It took us a while to get this way... and will take a while to get NOT this way. (That said, I have NO freaking patience, so this is a reminder I tell myself often!)
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

twoidhd is offline Member
    Thanks for all the input. I probably have been hitting the groceries a little hard over the last month. I got to thinking I could eat anything that wasn't high in carbs and do just fine, but as was pointed out, at 237 the body needs less calories than at 300lbs. I really hadn't thought of that but it makes sense.

Thanks everyone.

twoidhd

RogerDeRok is offline Member
    I lost 110 pounds after one year of being primal, then lost about 5 more a month or two after that and have been stuck there ever since (about 6 months).
    In my case however, I know I've been eating too much fruit, dairy, and have been drinking too much alcohol. I was really good at avoiding those things in the first year. These are things I plan to cut back on since I still want to lose about 20 more pounds. I also need to increase working out more often than I have been.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    What's your typical weeks exercise routine?

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    I've also found that after losing a fair amount of weight my body wants to cruise along there for a while just to make sure that conditions aren't going to change.

twoidhd is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    What's your typical weeks exercise routine?
    I walk 3 miles a day 6 days a week. Never have gotten into weight lifting in that I was a framing carpenter in my younger days and I've lifted all the weight I ever want to! LOL.

twoidhd

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I haven't lost a pound on PB, but I have had to buy new pants. My belly looks HUGE so I must be losing it from elsewhere... but where???

eta I only have about 10 to lose, and the last 10 are always the slowest to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12