Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie Ups the Ante

Annie Ups the Ante

Shop Now
    It's time. According to the Cambridge dictionary online, "If you up the ante, you ​increase ​your ​demands or the ​risks in a ​situation in ​order to ​achieve a ​better ​result". I'm ready for better results from my body. More co-ordination, more flexibility, more strength, more health.

What I have is way better than what I had, and better than average if I take a casual look around me. But I suspect there is more, possibly much much more, if I were to choose to pursue it more seriously.

Here goes:

You go girl!!!

Do you have any specific goals?

Loving the title

Cant wait to hear about the new adventures!!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    New journal, new effort. Good for you and I hope you have resoundingly good success in reaching your "more" objectives.
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

I'll be here to cheer you on!
    M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
    - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

In general, I want my body to be able to do whatever I ask of it without breaking. As well as to stay healthy and look pretty good.

Specific goals for now are a bit random. Achieve a gymnastics bridge. Turn a decent cartwheel (I thought I was doing cartwheels until I took a wee video, much improvement needed). Master my tap steps. Climb the tree branch that hangs invitingly over the track in the domain but which I haven't conquered yet. Re-learn to roller blade.

Saturday morning. Practised my tap steps in the kitchen with socks on.

The rain poured down, I trusted that it would keep all my neighbours inside away from the domain, so set off down there in my bare feet for a bit of a scramble. I didn't see anyone so I hope they didn't see me, scampering through the bush, leaping around in the fields and generally not acting my age.

Took my dd for gentle stroll by the river this afternoon and then ran through my tap steps again at home.

Sunday morning. Up early because the clocks have gone back. Everyone else is using their extra hour for sleep. I on the other hand have started the day with this mobility routine:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf4lYSg1XpI

Then I found another video where the same guy explains (at great length!!) how to get a back bridge:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCMRt-DlhOU

I realise I have kind of been doing some of these exercises at random which is probably why I have found myself halfway to getting the bridge. So now I'm going to work on it on purpose and hope to get there.
    Last edited by Annieh; 04-02-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Sunday afternoon, perfect day for a nice outdoor family activity. However, dh watching telly, dd gone to visit boyfriend to watch movie, other dd hiding in her room ostensibly to do homework but probably watching videos on her screen. So off I wandered around the domain. Not quite so much frolicking today - too many people about - but met a family coming the other way and the dad commented "Bare feet. I like it", so that was a nice wee piece of encouragement.

Teacher meeting tomorrow, so don't know when I will be able to get those roller blades out. They are waiting for me though.
    Last edited by Annieh; 04-03-2016 at 07:14 PM.

Shop Now
    Oh my goodness, I just held a four-day-old baby. It's soooo long since I've done that, you truly do forget how tiny they are. This little mite was wide awake and moving her limbs while looking all over the place. So cute and precious. I barely know the mother so was delighted when she offered me a hold. Wow. Every new little life is a miracle (and this one is the first girl after four boys, what a lovely surprise for the parents).