Thread: Enlarged tonsils page

kermie is offline Member

Enlarged tonsils

Shop Now
    I have enlarged tonsils that cause me trouble at night when I sleep because they constrict my breathing passage when I sleep on my back. My holistic doctor thinks they might be related to all the dairy, whey and peanuts I had been eating (found out through a blood test that I am allergic to those things, as well as many grains).

Hopefully they will shrink to their normal size soon. Does anyone else have this problem?

twinmama is offline Senior Member
    Did they just grow?

Mine are almost the size of golf balls... but they have always been that way.

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Having my tonsils removed when I was 18 was the single greatest change I have ever had in my life. I had cronic *terrible* sore throats 3-5 times a yeah (immensely painful). I understood that this was normal. My mother was of the belief that even tough my tonsils were constantly infected "they must still be doing good -- perhaps saving other parts of your body from being infected."

What a difference their removal made. I haven't had a sore throat since. I am very upset at the knowledge that I suffered through out my childhood due to chronic tonsilitis.

anyway - take those tonsils out. Many doctors argue they no longer function after your childhood. If they are doing you harm then they are doing much more harm than good.

ps I hate tonsils