Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kalli's March Whole 30

Kalli's March Whole 30

Shop Now
    Hello all!

I'm doing a Whole 30 for March with some friends, and thought I'd keep a journal here. I've been eating AIP with A LOT of slips, to the point where I basically wasn't AIP anymore at all, so a Whole 30 is a way to stay on track. It's Day 15 for me and I already look like a different person, yay, and the whites of my eyes are super white, where they were pretty dull when I started.

I just want to keep myself accountable, and also take notes for things that work and don't work. Today I had mayonnaise for the first time in a long time (contains egg), and now my wrists and hands hurt. I've been toying with non-strict-AIP foods, like almond butter, to see what might be okay now. Looks like I'll have to learn how to make AIP egg-free avocado mayo instead of store bought eggy mayo. Sigh.

I'm thinking I will be doing a Whole 90 or Whole 100. I was planning an AIP cheat day on Day 31, having things like plantain waffles and syrup and banana ice cream, but I like my progress so much, I kind of don't want to risk it!

My Whole 30 tweaks: staying AIP, except for almond butter and coffee. (No eggs, no seeds, no nightshades), high fat (I have keto strips, but I haven't used them, and I'm getting 50-60 percent of my calls from fat) and Leptin Reset -- having a big ass breakfast of at least 50g of protein.

Thanks for reading!

Wide awake. Difficulties adjusting to Daylight Savings Time, or egg-induced insomnia? http://blog.sethroberts.net/2014/01/...-and-insomnia/

My tummy is telling me no mayo, ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

It's interesting that you're doing Whole 30 and Leptin Reset at the same time. Curious how well that works overall as I just suggested to whitebear the other day that he finish his Leptin Reset before starting Whole 30. Do you see any areas of concern between the two protocols yourself?

Resist the carb cheats, whatever you do, until you finish the reset. I blew my first reset attempt with starches and could not get back on track without starting over.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Kalli's March Whole 30

Hi!

Doing a modified Leptin Reset WITH a Whole30 because a LR has been very helpful before. I'm going for a nominally higher carb count because women need more carbs. (Our ovaries use A LOT of glucose one week a month...)

I keep my carbs low during the day, just having steamed or boiled greens or sautéed veggies, and then berries at night. I have more energy when I have high-fat high-protein earlier in the day, and berries with dinner helps me sleep.

In other news, just bought a Phillips Wake Up Light! SO EXCITED!

Last edited by kalli889; 03-15-2016 at 10:58 AM.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Day 18. Had my first food dream last night. Some sort of sugar cereal, a big soft cookie, and this jam spread. I felt so guilty in the dream! Ha ha, whew!

My Leptin Reset Journey

Day 19. After I eat, I'm hot all the time. Steaming like a kettle. Must be my metabolism ramping up! Nice, but sometimes uncomfortable. Must learn to dress for my previously always cold, now always warm self.

My Leptin Reset Journey

I just did a January Whole30. Did have chocolate and cashews etc. afterwards and regretted it. You sound like you have a lot of the issues that I do. If I have eggs I get a double earache, even a tiny bit. I did make mayo with just one egg yolk for the whole30 and I really loved it, but I can't ignore the fact that it really inflames me. Can't have dairy either, I am scared to eliminate nightshades as I use a lot of pepper spice etc. and would really hate my diet if I removed them. I can't really eat nuts either, especially almonds. I think chocolate is giving me migraines. Where is the scream emoticon when I need one.

I am really interested in trying the leptin reset. I have never done it. I noticed on Dave Asprey's site you can do it with IF if you add gelatin to coffee, but 3-4 tbsp sounds disgusting! I just always IF with a Bulletproof coffee on waking from 6pm to 9.30am and my morning get up time has been really erratic lately, from waking at 5am to waking at 7am. Cooking at 5am wouldn't go down well. Eating 50g would be really hard at that time.
    Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
    Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Hi Silvergirl!

You may want to look into the Autoimmune Protocol, which has given me a lot of healing (when I can stick to it).

Some resources:

https://aiplifestyle.com/what-is-aut...protocol-diet/

My Leptin Reset Journey

I just had a friend over for lunch and it went great! I made Chicken Caesar Salad with AIP Caesar dressing and she loved it. She brought fruit for dessert and we just had a nice time chatting. So fun!

And last night I went to a play with a friend and we went to a bar after to chat and she had her drink and I got seltzer with a lime slice and had a good time! AND she said I looked like a different person, that I'd gotten so skinny (lies, I've only dropped a size and I have 5 sizes to go, but YAY!). She was so kind and so supportive, and that was really nice!

My Leptin Reset Journey

Shop Now
    I feel like I go to bed and wake up every day with a smaller face! My friend says she can see it in my body too. This is fun!

Someone at work is on a juice fast, and he's in a really bitchy mood all the time...and I'm like MWAHAHAHHA I EAT ALL THE FOOD HAHAHAHA

My Leptin Reset Journey