Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Leptin Reset Protocl -

Question about Leptin Reset Protocl -

Shop Now
    Hi all - am new to this forum but was wondering about the Leptin Reset Protocol. I am insulin resistant with type 2 diabetes. Have started the LR diet but was wondering could I have whey Protein Isolate shake in the am instead of actually cooking and eating 50grams net of protein? I am so time poor in the am that someday I just have not the time to eat. I have checked the labels etc and carbs per serve is 0.5 grams
    Thanks in advanced.

I've heard rumours that the proteins in whey isolate spikes blood sugar - why do you want to do that if you are insulin resistant with type 2 diabetes???
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Yes I heard that too but wasn't sure if it was correct. I just wanted something a bit easier in the am but I guess I have to get up 1/2 hr earlier to eat...

I think its pretty much so at least it will raise your bloodsugar more than many carby foods and even more so if you take it on an empty stomach in the morning...
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Odar View Post
    Hi all - am new to this forum but was wondering about the Leptin Reset Protocol. I am insulin resistant with type 2 diabetes. Have started the LR diet but was wondering could I have whey Protein Isolate shake in the am instead of actually cooking and eating 50grams net of protein? I am so time poor in the am that someday I just have not the time to eat. I have checked the labels etc and carbs per serve is 0.5 grams
    Thanks in advanced.
    I understand the time issue and the difficulty of the 50g of AM protein. I've been through the Leptin Reset. Twice.

AM whey protein is counterproductive on the LR. It may be low carb, but whey does spike insulin. Great for muscles but not great for leptin. If you can't get to the 50g with whole food and need to supplement, try another protein like egg white protein. If you can't get there that way, make up the difference in grams with fat. Not the best way, but better than whey and it will keep you in reset mode.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Why not cook it in the evening and have it ready for the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Why not cook it in the evening and have it ready for the morning?
    ^^^ this. or make a batch of frittata muffins or meatza on the weekend and freeze. take out the night before to defrost and you're good to go.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Round Rock, TX Nice place, too bad it's in Texas!
    All proteins will raise blood sugar and insulin, regardless of the source. There may be some differences in the shape of the curve, but it's all insulin "spiking."

Have you considered "window" eating? A.k.a. Intermittent fasting? Eat what you will only during an 8 hour window. A proven way of regaining some insulin sensitivity.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheBayou View Post
    All proteins will raise blood sugar and insulin, regardless of the source. There may be some differences in the shape of the curve, but it's all insulin "spiking."

Have you considered "window" eating? A.k.a. Intermittent fasting? Eat what you will only during an 8 hour window. A proven way of regaining some insulin sensitivity.
    The insulin rise from protein depends on the leucine content. Whey has high levels. Not appropriate for someone working a leptin reset.

IF isn't recommended during the reset because a big high-protein breakfast, soon after rising, is essential to the reset. It could be done by skipping lunch, but I wouldn't recommend skipping dinner. Establishing circadian rhythm relative to meals is part of the reset. I would not have attempted IF when I did the LR.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Shop Now
    How long do these leptin resets typically last?