Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bax's Guilt Journal page

Baxtherin is offline Member

Bax's Guilt Journal

Shop Now
    Ok, so I'm not really expecting or needing a whole lot of encouragement in staying primal. That's pretty easy. Even with a girlfriend that is very NOT primal, and her 2 toddlers that LOVE bacon but are also not. But what I've decided is that without a place that other people CAN and MIGHT read, I'm not going to stay honest with myself for working out. So I'm here to basically guilt myself into staying up on my workouts and losing the last fat around the middle that my body is showing.

I started Primal back on March 1st, after grilling my friend about it. I'd seen how well it worked for her, and I was tired of being over weight. I'd lost down to about 200 pounds at my lowest about 9 months before, but after a divorce, dating, and being with a girl who LOVED sweets and carbs, my weight had crept back up and topped out at 232 lbs. I'm 6'1" and figure my optimal weight is about 185 to 195 depending on how much muscle i choose to pack onto my frame.

So By the end of March I'd lost around 20 pounds and stood around 212 ish pounds. That was awesome, I was convinced! This was completely from the dietary change, nothing else, as I hadn't really gotten up the gumption to start working out again. Unfortunately I relaxed on the foods I was eating, splurged a little more than I should have and didn't really add in any moving slowly into my routine. So my weight stabilized for a while around there. I figure I was eating about 60/40 primal.

I went a bit more hardcore starting in June sometime, and by today i'm down to the 200lbs mark again. However, I was talking to my friend today about how to motivate myself to really get into working out, and didn't really have a good answer. But i figured it out this evening. I needed a guilt journal.

I came across the SimpleFit workout that Cheapo posted in the fitness section of the forum and it looked perfect. I'd always gravitated towards push ups, pull ups and sit ups for my workouts anyway, and my friend had shown me how to do air squats once upon a time. So I decided to do that workout routine. After sitting around for a couple hours tonight I finally got my ass in gear and started.

Workout Level 1 Day 1:
    Go for 20 minutes doing as many sets of
    1 pull up
    2 push ups
    3 squats

I did 25 sets. I'm pretty proud of myself. I've never done 25 pull ups in a day before let alone in a 20 minute period. So my next workout day is going to be Saturday. I'm sure i'll be VERY sore by then, but I cant allow myself to skip days. Saturday i'll do Level 1 Day 2, but then my next workout day, Monday, I'm going to go back to Level 1 day 1 again and start over. That way I can stay on a weekly schedule of M,W,F for my workouts and it'll correspond to the days of the workout plan.

Food:
    I'll kinda post my food stuff here too, but for the most part, i'm not worried about that. Maybe I'll just post when I cheat, (like today), so i can keep track of that. Ate at Carl's Jr today and had 2 burgers, but i ate less than 1/4 of the bun of each of the burgers. I did have my small fries though. Oh well, no guilt eating away at me for that.

Thanks to anybody who Does read this, as you're the ones keeping me honest.

Puddymama is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like your mother raised you right - I also thrive on guilt! I've been failing myself the last week - eating crapola, doubting the PB wisdom, wondering why I'm not loosing weight even though I'm eating the aforementioned crapola. I'll keep an eye on your journal if you keep one on mine!

It's a deal Puddymama! Hang in there on the food, we all fall off the wagon, but don't be afraid to climb back on either. Just remember how good you feel after a nice primal lunch vs a carb heavy lunch.

Workout today:
    Rollerblading by the river for an hour-ish.
    Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Fortune cookie that changed my life

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    So, how was the rollerblading?
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Rollerblading went well. Did it for about an hour but not too fast paced. A few sprints incorporated, but mostly just moving slowly. I'm incredibly sore today from Thursday's workout though. Hard to move around though. Looking forward to this morning's workout though. Simplefit Level 1 Day 2. I think i'll let the coconut pancakes with blueberries settle for a little while before I bust my ass doing that though. Will update later today when i've actually done it.
    Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Fortune cookie that changed my life

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxtherin View Post
    Rollerblading went well. Did it for about an hour but not too fast paced. A few sprints incorporated, but mostly just moving slowly. I'm incredibly sore today from Thursday's workout though.
    EEK! If I tried sprinting on rollerblades, I'd end up as a walking roadrash.

I'm going to give that Simplfit thing a try when I'm done stacking hay. Seems like a good way to build capacity on bodyweight work, regardless of current fitness level.

Happy assbusting!
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Finally worked out. A bit late in the day, but at least i did it. I was right though. Having a journal here to keep me honest made the difference between working out tonight, or "Waiting until tomorrow" which could have had disastrous effects.

Yeah, I don't recommend sprinting on rollerblades to the beginner or even intermediate user. It's a little more involved than just skating faster. It's almost like sprinting normally, just a different movement.

Food today was a bit rough. Went to the rodeo with the girlfriend and kids and kind of splurged on a couple foods i should have had. Cotton candy, and the bun of a hotdog. Oh well. it isn't the end of the world. Still feeling pretty good about myself staying on track with the workouts. Monday I start over on day 1 of level 1. I expect I'll get a slightly worse count than I did the first time just because of soreness levels, but that's ok.

Back to Level 1 Day 1 of Simple fit. Wednesday is my next workout day. Thursday is rollerblading, then Friday is my first Day 3. I'm hoping that i'll move up to lvl 2, but we'll see. Need to get a stopwatch before then.
    Workout:
    26 sets of
    1 pullup
    2 pushups
    3 squats
    Working on my squat form in the full length mirror.

Food:
    Stayed pretty primal after Saturday. No deviations to report.

Workout: Level 1 Day 2 of Simplefit. This time around was MUCH easier than it was on Saturday. Definitely not as sore, and I can tell a difference in my pullup strength already. Even though I'm tired, I still feel more powerful. 5 sets of 2 Pullups, 6 pushups, 10 squats. Didn't time it, but i wasn't taking very long rests in between sets, maybe 30 seconds to a minute, and I didn't have any problems completing the last set up pullups. I'm very much hoping to advance to level 2 on Friday. That'll make my weekend. Going camping with the girlfriend, by a reservoir, so there will be fishing included, YAY! Time to build a fire, and cook some fish on a rock! Or something like that. Hopefully i'll bring home some fish too. I'll take steaks as a backup to the fish though. Girlfriend probably wouldn't appreciate IFing if my fishing skills are lacking this weekend. Heh.

I'm a couple days overdue posting my workout, but that's because my workout is a couple days overdue. Forgot to work out immediately when i got home on Friday, and so didn't remember until we were on our way to the lake. Oh well, I just finished Level 1 Day 3... in 3:23!! Yay! Time to go up to Level 2 now! I think i'll start in on it tomorrow and keep to my regular schedule. Level 2 day 1 is as follows: 20 minutes of sets of 1 pullup, 3 pushups, 4 squats. I imagine that i'll be able to do pretty much the same as i did with level 1 because the pullups are my weak point... For NOW! I'm pretty sure i could beat Level 2 Day 3 right now, but i'll need the extra week to work on pullups for Level 3.

Food is staying pretty primal, with very few exceptions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast