Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sprints page

Roberta is offline Senior Member

Sprints

Just went outside to let the dog poop and the grass looked so soft and I was barefoot, so I spontaneously did 5 sprints around the yard. Felt great! You guys must be getting to me (No I didn't step in anything )

I can't find my book right now so in a very lazy way, I decided to ask, about how many sprints are good to do or are you doing? tia

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
    Just went outside to let the dog poop and the grass looked so soft and I was barefoot, so I spontaneously did 5 sprints around the yard. Felt great! You guys must be getting to me (No I didn't step in anything )

I can't find my book right now so in a very lazy way, I decided to ask, about how many sprints are good to do or are you doing? tia
    I mostly do tabata.....5 min warm up, 20 second sprint/10 second rest x8, 5 min cool down.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Thanks. That sounds like a good plan. I really enjoyed it.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I do fatman bassackwards Tabatas because it's about the only way I can handle 8 runs. 10 second sprint, 20 second rest x8. Doable.

I did them today in the middle of a five mile hike and I run on an incline. I am completely whipped at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    I do fatman bassackwards Tabatas because it's about the only way I can handle 8 runs. 10 second sprint, 20 second rest x8. Doable.

I did them today in the middle of a five mile hike and I run on an incline. I am completely whipped at the moment.
    Pfew, that sounds tough to do in the middle of a hike. I think I will have to experiment with Tabatas.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    I now do sprints twice a week... Tuesday and Thursday. I sprint for 120 meters, walk for 60 meters x4. I am dead afterwards. I warm up for about 3-5 minutes and cool down the same too. I end with a grok squat stretch and the grok hang.

For the 120 meters... I go about 30 meters and then touch the ground, turn around and go the other way. Sprinting backwards and skipping is fun too! You can also do swim sprints, bike sprints, tennis sprints...
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Oh I wish I had access to a pool. I love to swim. Bike sprinting sounds fun too. The weather is cooling a bit so maybe I will get my bike out next week and give it a try. Thanks for the idea.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
    Oh I wish I had access to a pool. I love to swim. Bike sprinting sounds fun too. The weather is cooling a bit so maybe I will get my bike out next week and give it a try. Thanks for the idea.
    I wish I had access to a pool and/or lake or ocean too, lol. I don't swim but I know that would be a great workout! Next time I am in a pool I am going to swim as fast as possible for about a mintue with a short rest and then do it again until I die, lol.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    I still have yet to try sprinting into the local lake from the beach sand and doing a swin sprint. Thinking about this idea, I may want to wait until there is someone around so they can pull me to safety.
    I grok, therefore I am.

Spun is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just insert sprints spotaneously into walks and runs. I love pounding out the last 3 or 4 hundreds meters after a 5k as fast as possible.

I usually sprint upstairs whenever I can, or any incline during a jog.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast