Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newer PB'ers, What has been your most pleasant side effect of this new way of life? page

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member

Newer PB'ers, What has been your most pleasant side effect of this new way of life?

Shop Now
    Just a random thought I had today, while finishing up some cold leftover chicken this afternoon, But for me, I have to say that I treasure how GREAT my sleep is now as compared to my old ways of choking down oatmeal and various other starches daily. I almost NEVER was able to sleep all the way through the night, and heaven forbid If I had coffee later in the afternoon. I now am able to sleep SOLID every single night, and even can get a nap in most afternoons when I am working from home. I never realized how much I missed really GOOD sound sleep.

Also: My skin is so much better- I dealt with adult acne and it's finally getting better.

How about It? What's been extra great since beginning your Primal Journey?

Chairdr is offline Senior Member
    buying new belts, & boundless energy.
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    No more upset, noisy stomach from grains.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Not feeling bloated all the time. Awesome.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    One week in I would have said the incredible relief of normal bowel movements.
    Two weeks in I would have said the amazing drop in my high blood pressure.
    Three weeks in I would have noted the effortless weight loss.
    Four weeks in I would have cited the comforting healthy drop in my pre-diabetic blood sugar.

Now 11 weeks in it's a sense of self confidence and well-being I have lacked for years. I feel younger and wiser and that is priceless.

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    +1.....

and all the other stuff that accompanies the noise! lol....

@Grol: Awesome. Simply Awesome. I enjoy your posts, and your Journey is fun to watch.... Grok On!

rucker_z is offline Member
    Lots of things: better skin, better digestion, no more headaches, no more being bloated, much easier monthly cycle, more stable energy levels, lost all my extra weight, more muscle definition, less wheezing (I have asthma). I'm about 2 1/2 months in.

hutax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    +2

MJinLV is offline Senior Member
    Being able to enjoy my morning walk with my dog without any urgent bathroom urges. Gotta say I’m spending less on toilet paper.

Not feeling raging hunger every 3 hours. Being able to come home from work, do some things around the house, and THEN leisurely prepare dinner instead of snarfing up food as soon as I walk in the door.
    Food should be fun--Thomas Keller

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessGrok View Post
    I now am able to sleep SOLID every single night, and even can get a nap in most afternoons when I am working from home. I never realized how much I missed really GOOD sound sleep.
    Since I have been low carb and gluten free for years, going primal has not been as drastic as it has been for my husband. He went primal 6-7 weeks ago, so I will say this.

I LOVE that he is sleeping through the night. Almost within days of going primal he started sleeping all the way through the night where as before he would wake up multiple times all night. Now that he has been getting sleep lately, he rarely is going to bed super early as before, and he doesn't come home from work in the afternoon tired and grouchy. He isn't sleeping in trying to catch up on the weekends, and we are far more active together.

Whenever he starts getting a bit down on not being able to eat some particular item (we do have cheats though), I remind him of how well he feels getting good sleep. This seems to help a lot, remembering the day to day benefits you might forget about when the cravings get bad in the beginning.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast