Thread: Hurt again -> need to vent

Hurt again -> need to vent

Shop Now
    When I started my journey I started as a result of knee surgery which essentially was the result of being fat. I was 275 and 5 foot 6. For the last two years I've worked my ass off to get in shape. I recently had wrist surgery due to some really bad tendonitis. That has been healing well. I am down nearly 70 Lb, workout 6 days a week and eat well.

10 days ago I was outside and was walking the dog. He went one way and unbeknownst to me I was standing on a sheet of ice. My right leg slipped out from under me and my left knee bent backwards to a point where my heel was touching my back. Due to my 3 knee surgeries I can't or couldn't bend my knee fully. For example when I would grab to stretch it, I could not pull it hard like I can my right leg. So when this happened the pain was ridiculous. The morning after it was very sore. For the last week or so I rested, iced and took anti inflammatory medicine. Yesterday I decided to tey walking on a treadmill. When finished I was immediately sore. I have felt this pain before and am relatively sure I tore it on the other side. To top it off when I fell my healing left wrist broke my fall and I fd that all up again. My thumb has been numb for going on a week.

Eveything will be fine I know but man if it isn't frustrating to keep going through surgeries.

Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    You have my sincere sympathy, PH. I also have a knee with significant issues, and the inflexibility and pain you describe is something I can almost feel in mine as a write this. Best of fortune in getting back to normal.
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Had an MRI yesterday. Doc us suspecting a deep bone bruise and that I didn't tear anything. Still a lengthy recovery but felt better after.

MRI showed a tear. Ugh.

How bad?
    Treatment?
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

I find out today at 740. (2hrs from now) but previously I've had surgery. Just based off the pain this one seems worse than those.

Surgery tomorrow. Onward and Upward.

Shop Now
    Best wishes for successful surgery and quick recovery.