Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting over after baby 5, journal

Starting over after baby 5, journal

Shop Now
    I am a 34 mom of 5 and my youngest just turned 2. I plan to lose 75 lbs over the next year. It may take a little longer than that, and I am comfortable with that. Slow and steady, right? I changed my eating habits recently and I already have so much more energy and am sleeping better. I would like to keep my carbs down between 65 and 75. I think that is my personal sweet spot. lately my carb levels have been about 115-85. Thats better than they used to be but I can do better. It funny because I am rarely hungry now that I am eating fewer carbs and more fat. I used to think about food all the time.

My current weight is 220 and my height is 5'3'', so I do have a long way to go.

I think if I break down my weight loss goals into 10 lb increments, It won't feel so overwhelming to achieve my goal. So maybe 7 lbs a month and almost 2 lbs a week? If it doesn't happen that fast, I'm ok with that. I think by March 7, I could weigh 213, So that is my first goal.

Weights :

Start 220

Feb 17 : 215

Feb 26: 212. ( was sick, will most likely gain a little back)

March 7: 214 ( waist is smaller and so are thighs, I went from 18 women's to 16 women's. Hopefully soon I will go down to a 16 misses.
    Last edited by Ann; 03-07-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Today is Thursday and I have had an eventful week. Monday I had a really crudy work day and a meeting that lasted pretty late. I had to pick up 5 cranky kids and put them to bed by myself past bedtime. I hadn't eaten for most of the day and I hadn't been home to make sure I had healthy food options ready. So my choices were awful. We had just had a birthday party for my son so we had chips in the house. That was my dinner. Of course I felt pretty gross the next day. The rest of the week went well but today I found out that my 70 yr old father had a heart attack recently without realizing it. My mom and dad babysit while I am at my part time job. 2 days a week they have 5 kids all day. Its way too stressful for them so I decided to quit my part time job and take up tutoring on the weekends when hubby can be with kids instead.

My fathers health concern has given me new motivation to eat better and get healthy. I don't want my children to worry about me like I am about my dad. He is going in for tests to see how bad the damage is. Hopefully its not too bad. He is not concerned over his health but he is mad because he lost almost 200 lbs a few years ago to prevent a heart attack. He feels ripped off.

The struggle is real :-) chin up mumma (or something like that)

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Welcome, and I am giving you blessings for your Primal Journey! Getting the weight down sooner prevents the heart troubles later. How old was your Dad when he lost the weight? Plus if his Triglygerides (I have no idea how you spell that), were/are still high, it seems that is actually the villian for heart issues. Those are related to the vegetable oils and transfats. 5 kids, wow! You have your hands full!!
    This is my journal page!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100547.html

My life's work: www.questtheawakening.com

"Sometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right!" The Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy717 View Post
    Welcome, and I am giving you blessings for your Primal Journey! Getting the weight down sooner prevents the heart troubles later. How old was your Dad when he lost the weight? Plus if his Triglygerides (I have no idea how you spell that), were/are still high, it seems that is actually the villian for heart issues. Those are related to the vegetable oils and transfats. 5 kids, wow! You have your hands full!!
    He lost weight about 4 years ago when his business partner had a right brain stroke. It scared him. He also had a knee replacement around that time due to old sports injury. His mother died earlier this year so that was very stressful for him. Really his heart attack could have happened anytime between 4 yrs ago and earlier this year.

I weighed myself yesterday like a silly person (trying to stay away from the scale and not be scale obsessed) and I've lost 2 lbs. Not too bad , although I'm certain its just water weight. So now I am at 218 as of february 13, 2016. I know some weeks I wont lose anything and others it will be a big drop in inches or lbs. Im trying to just concentrate on looking good and feeling good. If I feel good and energetic I must be doing something right. I think I do need to not obsess over calorie count. I have a my fitness pal tracker and its set for 1310 calories a day if I do not work out. I don't know if thats too low or if it matters much how many calories I eat. Im trying to find an ideal fat gram range and ideal carb range for my body. Yesterday I was at 30 grams of carbs and 74 grams of fat and 1346 calories. I dont want to eat too little or too much. I am trying to go by how I feel. I am not hungry very often so I assume my calorie limit is just about correct. Im sure over time i will get used to self regulating and not have to count so much.

Not the best diet today. I ate 3 of my daughters gf chicken nuggets and 5 gf pretzles. I'm at 49 grams of carbs now so I didn't 'ruin' the day. Lol

I weighed this morning. I am now at 215 lbs. I'm going to have to measure so I have a different way to track progress. I may surpass my early March goal soon.

Found out today that my 70 yr old dad has lung cancer. We see my parents 3 times a week. They are so much a part of our lives. Things will be so different now. 5 months ago we lost his mother, we all took shifts holding her hand and talking to her during the 2 weeks she was fading. I really hope we won't have to do that for my father soon. None of us are ready. In response to finding out he had cancer dad said,

"well, it will be an adventure!"

Shop Now
    Ann, I am sorry to hear about your dad. Cancer is always a scary thing but they can do so much these days that I wouldn't count your dad out yet. It sounds like it is early in the process. This will be hard but don't assume the worse until you know more. I know a number of people who had their tumors (and a small piece of lung)removed, a little chemo and they were almost as good as new.

I like your dad's attitude!