Thread: gallbladder page

trapperjohnme is offline Senior Member

gallbladder

Shop Now
    i have a friend who is having serious gallballder problems. Does anyone have any experience/advice? would love to find a way to avoid removal of it. her diet has not been primal.

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Serious gall bladder problems are nothing to trifle with--and removal is always advised because the complications can be fatal.

Eating primal will not help in this situation and could make it worse.

trapperjohnme is offline Senior Member
    probably good advice, unfortunately she has no insurance at this time

maddie427 is offline Senior Member
    Depending on how bad it is, eating primal could potentially help, but it depends on the root cause of gallbladder inflammation. I would recommend that your friend try eating gluten-free and grain-free to see if it helps. Even if she does end up having it taken out, gallbladder issues can be an indication of a serious gluten sensitivity (it shows up differently in different people), and could/would potentially cause additional issues.

I am by no means advocating that it is a replacement for gallbladder removal if she has an acute issue, but lifestyle changes are much easier to try, that surgery. Knowing what the gallbladder does for digestion, I would do everything I could to keep mine.
    Last edited by maddie427; 07-22-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: serious case of typos

avocado is offline Senior Member
    I get gallbladder attacks when I get off track and have a couple breakfast biscuit sandwiches everyday . But just fat, without the grains, doesn't bother my gallbladder. I don't know that this would be true for anyone else though. Even though the classic story is that fatty meals trigger attacks, it's actually a poor correlation. I think different people will have different triggers. I'm hoping to avoid having my gallbladder out, but obviously if an attack of biliary colic turns into true cholecystitis, you don't have a great deal of choice.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Your friend needs to see a doctor. Emmie is correct. Untreated gallbladder disease is life-threatening. I've had three different friends who put off dealing with gallbladder issues and ended up in emergency surgery.