Thread: Primal Strong

Primal Strong

Shop Now
    Hey everybody!

So here's the deal...I'm 58 years old. Used to be into chronic cardio (marathons, 50Ks, 50 mile races). I always carried some extra weight but it didn't really bother me. When I entered races. I was comfortable being in the back of the pack. As long as I eventually finished, I was happy.

A couple years ago I began training with kettle bells. Then bar bells. Then I began to learn power lifting. I got hooked on lifting heavy things. Marathons distances decreased to occasional 10Ks. Instead of calluses on my feet, calluses are on my hands.

Fast forward to last week. I registered for a Tactical Strength Challenge in April. Master division, 'cause I'm kind of old. The Challenge has 3 events. Barbell deadlift. I'm working on increasing my weight. Here's a photo of me lifting around 185 lbs..
    12038530_10153211953305888_7212677652463820755_n.jpg

Maximum kettle bell snatches in 5 minutes. Still do-able. I'm working on it.

Here's the big magilla.
    In the Master division, I have to complete at least 1 DEAD HANG PULL UP!!

I have 12 weeks. As of today, I can only do negatives.

Know what will make this easier?
    Losing some weight.

My Primal Challenge starts today...

Welcome Lori! You are awesome!
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you are a mistake. ~ Georgette Mosbacher

If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having. ~ Henry Miller

Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Shop Now
    Current thread on doing pull ups: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117384.html