Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another awesome research article for EGGS!!! page

AntonG is offline Senior Member

another awesome research article for EGGS!!!

Shop Now
    http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/5/1/6

"eggs make a significant contribution to the anti-inflammatory effects of CRD (carb restricted diet), due to presence of cholesterol.....and antioxidant lutein..."

oh yea

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    cool, i just put away a ten eggs omelette.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

xendaddy is offline Member
    I love being an omnivore! Go eggs!

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    What the hell is a "cholesterol/fat free" egg. Is that egg whites? It was a placebo so I would assume it had a yolk or else it can't really be called a placebo. The atrocities committed in the name of "health. wtf indeed. Eggs also have a lot of great nutrition like vitamin e, selenium, and a bunch of b-vitamins, and so this can't be used to say that either lutein or dietary cholesterol produced the positive changes. For them to be able to infer such they would have to have eggs that had no lutein or cholesterol but everything else good about the eggs.

Either way they're good, and I love N&M but we can't know what is good about them and to the degree it is good.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    I love egg yolks. The whites are the price I have to put up with to get runny egg yolk. I polished off ten eggs yesterday and ten today without meaning to.

AntonG is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    What the hell is a "cholesterol/fat free" egg. Is that egg whites? It was a placebo so I would assume it had a yolk or else it can't really be called a placebo. The atrocities committed in the name of "health. wtf indeed. Eggs also have a lot of great nutrition like vitamin e, selenium, and a bunch of b-vitamins, and so this can't be used to say that either lutein or dietary cholesterol produced the positive changes. For them to be able to infer such they would have to have eggs that had no lutein or cholesterol but everything else good about the eggs.

Either way they're good, and I love N&M but we can't know what is good about them and to the degree it is good.
    true. isnt cholesterol considered to be an anti-oxidant though? Ive read that when there are high levels of undesirable substances, cholesterol levels rise in order to combat these substances. and we know that the more cholesterol you eat, the less the liver produces.

either way just gives me more reasons to recklessly eat eggs

Doodman222 is offline Junior Member
    Man I wish I could put down 10 eggs at a time. I try, but I fill up way too quick.

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    I love egg yolks. The whites are the price I have to put up with to get runny egg yolk.
    +1. If I could somehow just cook my yolks over easy, and completely avoid the whites I'd do it! Unfortunately I think they need that little bit of buffer in the pan so they don't break! Mmmmm...runny egg yolk
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    eggs are also great because once boiled, they become so portable. I love eggs. They are also cheap. no matter how broke I am I can always get a carton of eggs!

you runny-yolk people freak me out! I like my eggs boiled or fried over hard, or scrambled.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AntonG View Post
    true. isnt cholesterol considered to be an anti-oxidant though? Ive read that when there are high levels of undesirable substances, cholesterol levels rise in order to combat these substances. and we know that the more cholesterol you eat, the less the liver produces.

either way just gives me more reasons to recklessly eat eggs
    It is, but we produce most of our from fat, hence the reason why dietary cholesterol doesn't raise circulating cholesterol.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast