Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living on chicken breast and basmati rice?

Living on chicken breast and basmati rice?

Shop Now
    Yup. Just wanna try it for body-composition with some hard work.

Also will drink mild flavored veggie juices daily for some minerals/vitamins.

Basmati rice, chicken breast, veggie juices (I don't like veggies, this is why I prefer juices instead of it) and some eggs.

No dairy, no junk, no grains but basmati rice, rarely fruits.

Is it bad idea?
    Last edited by lascowiec; 01-20-2016 at 10:07 AM.

I don't think so. Maybe throw in some fish here and there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Round Rock, TX Nice place, too bad it's in Texas!
    But, why? Sounds terribly boring and I can't imagine any reason to partake of such an unbalanced, narrow, diet.

Unless you eat the breasts skin on, you need more fat. Saturated fats.

is it a bad idea? for how long will you be eating like this? if it's a week, well, ok, but a month? yeah, it's a terrible idea.

"some eggs". how many? you need dietary fat and chicken breast is a really poor choice for animal protein. pick a ruminant. add some fish and liver.

you're better off eating fruits instead of drinking veggie juice.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Yes, it's a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post
    ...chicken breast is a really poor choice for animal protein.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by noodletoy View Post

... you need dietary fat and chicken breast is a really poor choice for animal protein. pick a ruminant. add some fish and liver.
    +1

What little dietary fat there is in chicken is predominantly omega-6 PUFA. Occasionally OK, I agree, but as an extended primary source of protein, it's absolutely not going to be my choice.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

I'm egg-eater. Eat 5-6 whole eggs in a day. And I really don't know why you guys mention it's bad idea.

My grandma's mom is almost 100 yo and not even take pills. She mostly eats basmati rice and chicken breast, sometimes mung beans with some veggies, tomato sauce, tomatoes and onions, lemon and apple, black tea is also her dietary staple. And done. That's all. It cannot be wrong if she's 100s around with this diet and without any disease.

Quote Originally Posted by lascowiec View Post
    I'm egg-eater. Eat 5-6 whole eggs in a day. And I really don't know why you guys mention it's bad idea.

My grandma's mom is almost 100 yo and not even take pills. She mostly eats basmati rice and chicken breast, sometimes mung beans with some veggies, tomato sauce, tomatoes and onions, lemon and apple, black tea is also her dietary staple. And done. That's all. It cannot be wrong if she's 100s around with this diet and without any disease.
    Who said eggs were a bad idea? I didn't. I said extended chicken as a protein source was not a good idea.

My paternal grandpa lived almost to 100, smoking a pipe from the time he was a teenager. I smoked a pipe as well and it was rapidly sending me to my grave before I had the sense to quit. My maternal great grandma lived to 103 or 104, dipping tobacco snuff for as far back as I remember her in my life. It wouldn't have worked for me. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance.

You asked for opinions. You got opinions. But, choices are always your choices. We all violate health laws in abundance. Your grandma and you may survive for a very long time; the stated opinions are only general statements regarding optimal thriving, not simple survival.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by lascowiec View Post

She is propably healthy because of the tomatoes, onions, lemons and apples and her life style in general Juicing can oxidize and destroy nutrients in veggetables/fruits and lack the fiber... If you absolutely want to eat only chicken breast as meat source, then at least make sure it's organic. I would include the other parts of the chicken as well (+ organs) since that is where all the vitamins are.
    Take a walk on the wild side.