Thread: whole fat for non primal kids? page

Chairdr is offline Senior Member

whole fat for non primal kids?

Shop Now
    My children are organic, & low - no fat. I cant get them or my wife on board. My question is should I switch the kids milk, yogurt,american cheese, cream cheese & butter to full fat even though they eat "O"CW? we only buy the skim milk & fat free yogurt & light american & cream cheese for the kids . my non pb wife uses non fat 1/2 & 1/2. (cant find organic) should she switch to the real thing? does full fat help only when low carb no grain, or would it be better anyway?
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

farmerjess is offline Member
    Yes, all children need good fat for proper brain development.
    Adding minerals wherever I can.

Steve1907 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chairdr View Post
    my non pb wife uses non fat 1/2 & 1/2. (cant find organic) should she switch to the real thing?
    Non-fat 1/2 and 1/2 is an oxymoron - by definition it is half cream and half milk (full fat). The way the fabricate this thing is to take skim milk and add emulsifiers and thickening agents. That's about as far away from what nature intended as you can get. I would definitely persuade her to move to the real thing.
    "I am a member of PETA...People Eat Tasty Animals"

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Threaten divorce on the grounds that you cannot watch your loved ones slowly kill themselves anymore

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    When i read non-fat half n half i scratched my head.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

I scratch my head everyday brother. Its all i see anymore. Personally coffe is meant to be black & nasty. thats how i picture the columbian cave men did it. Its the only beverage other than water I consume. I would rather drink a can of coconut milk, & do a shot of expresso as a chaser! Anyway i digress. I have no friggin idea what the hell fat free 1/2 & 1/2 is, all i know is i see it everyday, & Iwouldnt touch
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    I would 100% switch to full fat if at all possible. If they are not interested in primal eating, I might look into WAPF or books like _Real Food_ by Nina Planck. Those perspectives might be an easier transition--focusing on real food can have enormous health benefits even when you are not going primal.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how old your kids are but kids, especially babies and toddlers need plenty of fat for their developing brains. My kids only eat about 60-70% primal fare and they eat plenty of carbs but I don't restrict their fat just because they're eating carbs. I still give them full fat everything, and they are skinny minnies so don't worry about it. Full fat would be better for your wife too...now you just have to convince her of that. Real Food by Nina Planck is a great book as FairyRae said.

BTW primalchild.. That why I quit drinking & got my fat drunk ass in shape in the 1st place. How ironic would it be for me to turn it around...hmmmm
    "Don't dream it, be it"

-Dr. Frank-N-Furter