Thread: Zinc and Psychopathology page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Zinc and Psychopathology

Shop Now
    The title is self-explanatory. Great Blog: http://evolutionarypsychiatry.blogsp...0/07/zinc.html
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Says intake of more than 50 mg a day can be harmful. 50 mg is my supplement. Guess I'd better dial that back a bit.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I split my 50mg tablets, so that I just get 25mg. I think the food I eat, plus some of my other supplements give me the rest of the Zinc I need.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    I love you, zinc! *hugs zinc*

My amatureish advice to anyone with depression issues would be to simply get all of the nutrients that the body NEEDS to run properly. Or else shit will break. I can't believe it has gotten to this point where people are so malnourished, we're the most affluent generation in the history of the world. Yet another reason to eat tons of beef. I take 20mg on top of that just because I think it helps.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the link SS. I also use 50mg but only every other day, and sometimes twice a week.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    I love you, zinc! *hugs zinc*
    *steals Stabby's zinc and hugs it tighter*

I love zinc too. Along with D and incredibly high dose fish oil, zinc saved my life.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Nocturnalhorse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    *steals Stabby's zinc and hugs it tighter*

I love zinc too. Along with D and incredibly high dose fish oil, zinc saved my life.
    Cillakat! Can women take 30mg of zinc?? I just got my hands on NOW OPTIZINC which has 30mg of zinc and 300mcg of copper and wondering if my girlfriend could take it too??

maba is offline Senior Member
    Virtual hugs to Cillakat for recommending early in my pregnancy to take Zn. I've been taking 30mg of Zn along with my fish oil, vit D and prenatal.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maba View Post
    Virtual hugs to Cillakat for recommending early in my pregnancy to take Zn. I've been taking 30mg of Zn along with my fish oil, vit D and prenatal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnalhorse View Post
    Cillakat! Can women take 30mg of zinc?? I just got my hands on NOW OPTIZINC which has 30mg of zinc and 300mcg of copper and wondering if my girlfriend could take it too??
    I take on every other day......and my multi has 15 mg zinc. Not everyone needs it.

I'd track zinc intake via diet and look for symptoms indicating the need for more zinc.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Nocturnalhorse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post

I take on every other day......and my multi has 15 mg zinc. Not everyone needs it.

I'd track zinc intake via diet and look for symptoms indicating the need for more zinc.
    My girlfriend just embarked on the primal journey with me and it hasn't been a long time. As of now she primarily eats poultry and fish with red meat eaten sparingly, she loves her Wurst, lol ( those Germans ). What symptoms should I look out for. Besides zinc I am also starting her with brewers yeast, magnesium, krill oil, probiotics, vitamin d3/k2, R-Ala/ALC, NAC etc..